Ch 6: Halo To You Too!

"Well well well, it looks like someone has been busy."

"Greetings, Sariel."

The Seraph smiled behind his wings (if he even has a mouth) as he replied "No more 'Great Seraph Sariel'? Here I was getting used to that..."

Erica adjusted her seating, She in the center of what she could describe as a long abandoned Cathedral. Isolated, overgrown, and falling apart, but still holy ground.

There was a sense of serenity coming off of this place. The morning sunlight was seeping in through overhead the leaves grasping their leaves out at an unrecognizable statue at the front of the ruins yet not so much as a vine of the state itself so it wouldn't be nature that scarred the monument. One could question how she could be back in the human realm at this point...Let's just say she had a two way entrance.

The gaping portal smack in the center of the ruins that is. No elaboration.

Sariel wasn't there physically, only a projection at best. Apparently this place has been dedicated to him. It's unusual for an angel to be honored in such a way, let alone at all. And yet here they were. This at least explained how an exclusively heaven residing angel could make contact with the human realm like this.

"I'm still not sure how the others could approve of this..."

"While most angels find your current predicament irredeemable, you have luck on your side. I as a Seraph am incapable of breaking free of father's will. Do you know what that means?"

Erica balled her hands into fists against the decaying floor.

"As long as my mission of evaluating the modern netherworld is fruitful, my heresy will be... tolerated by the highest power?"

"Indeed. Now present what you have so far..."

She went into into detail of what she observed and what little she could read in her momentary trip to Babylus' Library. Their cultures, architectures and basic demon traits.

Sariel seemed to quietly tsk at what he heard "I feel as though you can do better. You have the opportunity to study more closely now don't you?"

"It's barely been a few days. I'll do better. What exactly would heaven need?" She asked

"I believe your role as a guardian should have built more aplomb. Think of yourself as a researcher if need be."

"I'll do my best."

She didn't dare look up to gaze upon his form.

"Erica, That demon you faced, the one who took your vassal, you've has the chance to meet it again haven't you?"

"Yes."

Yes. She was concerned over how The demon Sullivan was able to so quickly overcome her force on the boat. But her suspicions were correct.

Sullivan was in fact a stronger demon.

Being able to brush off her magic like a small inconvenience and disappear, it was obvious from the start. She wasn't planning on making another mistake like that again.

Iruma-kun will live a fulfilling life.

And she was willing to fight to make that to happen.

"You seem rather attached to that human. As his guardian angel, you must know to keep a distance of course?"

"Distance... I try my best." She replied

"Hmmm?"

Of course, there was a bond between all angels. Much like how a guardian has a bond with their vassal.