chapter 5: runaway

I wore pink dress with tiny spots and of course straight to her ankle with her white boots.

I left a sticky note for Diana who was still asleep and ran out.
--
I greeted laurel who waved back as I started packing what was left from yesterday.

"Hello..snow white Ashton charming just came in, did you run out of cheeky cliché games" the blonde asked as my backed faced her.

From the vanity she could see her snicker, she got up and turned to them " good morning did you rest well" I asked.

"How pretty..." The Sasha girl answered as the blonde stepped closer, Laurel stepped in front of me.

"That's okay Rose...she didn't get on your bad side just let her be" Laurel defended and she smirked.

"It's good you know so much about me fill her in" Rose demanded as the went to their space talking about whatever.

I sighed and Laurel turned to me and we both smiled.

"You have a lot to unpack..let me help you" and I nodded as she helped me.

We laughed as we arranged the colours. "Let's get lunch later OK" and I nodded as she got up

"I'll get coffee..." I told her and she raised her brows and I laughed " I'm not going to stop on Ashton charming" and she giggled.

"How do you joke and feel so...carefree about people's words" she asked and I shrugged.

"I don't take them to heart..I guess" I answered.

"I wish I could do that, be so nonchalant about people's words...no matter how I try.. It gets to me...and after how my life has been...I spend nights awake thinking if their right".

Laurel looked so...sad and ached as I realised she had just told Me something important about herself.

" I'll get you coffee too..and don't worry...their all wrong..your not a loser...your something big...you need time" she smirked.

"Then that time better run fast I'm starting to lose patience" and I chuckled.

****
I sat down on the chair putting my coffee on the table next to the large window as I watched people passed, most heading to the fashion house.

She saw thick brown hair in front as his coffee was being made.

My eyes widened as I picked the magazine and covered my face, praying he wouldn't see her...who was she kidding he didn't take notice of people like her...what happened yesterday he might have even forgotten it.

Dropping the magazine a bit she saw him looking through his phone and she forgot she was hiding and stared at the side of his face.

The bright sunlight coming from the front door made him look magical and I sighed.

He turned immediately and she looked away looking outside as she pulled the book over her face.

He must have seen me staring and I closed my eyes, when I heard footsteps, I got up and picked Laurel's coffee covering my face with the book.

"Excuse me Miss..." But she was out the door,she walked so fast she thought the coffee must have poured.

****
"Here..." Laurel took the coffee eying her carefully.

"Were you running?" She asked and I smiled nervously and she shook her head.
****
"Sorry to bring him up but Ashton white is like the best event organizer I have seen...come I'll show you" Laurel grabbed my hand as we walked briskly.

She stopped at an open field and I looked at her, apart from the baby angel pouring water from its mouth with an arrow she saw nothing.

"Look..this will looks like paradise on earth at night, there are light and...I can't even explain.. You'll see" Laurel said more excited than normal and I just nodded.

We toured everyplace that she thought was cool and indeed Ashton white knew how to do his work well.

We stopped at the dress section, were some absurd looking dress were put on Maniquines and I looked at her.

"Why we stop" I asked and she smiled still looking at them.

"This are samples for the models..aren't the beautiful" she asked ad I looked at them and actually saw nothing beautiful about dresses that looked like the where worn by Medusa or Hades.

"It's not so...." She paused trying yo put it in a way that wouldn't hurt her feelings.

Laurel laughed "you don't understand fashion, just like some people fail to understand the hidden meaning behind a painting or what the artist was trying to put out for others to see".

I looked again at the dress and smiled " your right I don't understand fashion at all" and she chuckled.

"I always wanted to be a fashion designer..attends fashion school and become the best..but, it's sad how life takes your dream and toss into a recycling machine".

"You didn't want to be a makeup artist?" I asked and she nodded.

"Life...life is funny you know...at some point you give up what you want and takes what it gives and be happy with it" she chuckled

"That's crazy isn't it" and I nodded but I knew she was close to tears.

"What about you, had any dream" I thought hard and shook my head.

"None...but I was good with colours my sister let me do her makeup so I got used to it...give her friends a girl make over...I guess that's why I'm okay at this field" I answered truthfully.

But then had I ever dreamt of being something even for once in my life.

She sighed "I wanted it so bad...I didn't have any limit to what I could do just to make that dream come true...the many times I had fallen, got up, bleed, sweat" she looked up at the clear sky.

"I pushed my poor Dad into his current state now...I blamed people for it...but it was my fault... I was selfish..." She said cleaning tears from her eyes.

"I wonder sometimes... How did the make all of this money" we both fell silent as we watched the dresses.

I wondered about Lillianna the day she left, she wanted a good life something we didn't have and couldn't offer to her.

She felt betrayed when our father died, she wanted the world and we had nothing.

I looked at Laurel and she looked at me and smiled.

"Let's go" the walked away in silence.

I saw him looking intently at something and she stopped holding Laurel back.

"What..?" She asked and saw Ashton white.

"Mr white" and he turned and saw them his face scrunched up as he saw them.

"Um...Laurel I'm going to the bathroom" I rambled and turned around as I moved not knowing where exactly.

"Lydia...Lydia come back",Laurel yelled.

But I didn't stop,That man was

terrifying me a lot