Chapter 5-Useless

Zela's POV

Useless, that's the only thing I feel right now as I watch Nami's temperature go higher. It's at 40 degrees Celsius right now and I can't do anything about it.

"The problem is on her stomach," I told Vivi after checking Nami over. "She got something like a mosquito bite but a whole lot worse."

"Can't you do something about it?"

I shook my head. "The infection is moving slower now that I treated it but there is nothing else I can do."

"But aren't you a nurse?" Luffy asked innocently. "Why can't you make her better?"

Luffy's words stabbed my heart sharper than a knife ever can. I knew he didn't really mean it but it still hurt. It feels like an eternity since I felt guilt but I never want to feel this ever again.

"Luffy!" Sanji leaped into my defense immediately "Don't insult a lady like that ever again!"

Zoro looks quite mad at his captain as well though he didn't say anything knowing that Luffy doesn't know what he's talking about and doesn't really mean it.

"No Sanji." I stopped the cook. "He's telling the truth, I should be able to know how to treat Nami."

"Zela-" Vivi began but was interrupted by me.

"I'm a nurse, not a doctor. If we're gonna continue traveling in the grand line, you guys are going to need a doctor." 

The crew stared back blankly at this. Sighing I changed the now warm towel on Nami's forehead. "I'll navigate for now, Vivi can you watch over Nami?"

The blue-haired girl nodded as I left the room with Nami's log pose with a heavy heart...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Nami somehow predicted that a tornado would come everyone knew that they needed their navigator back, and fast. 

Then, we were further disturbed by King Wapol- I mean Wapol. Seems like Wapol and his group of loyal soldiers were hiding and drifting around in the sea after Blackbeard kicked them out and destroyed the towns of Drum.

But Drum is our destination. I'm not sure what's left of Drum but hopefully, they have a doctor. And maybe even a doctor who would want to travel on a pirate ship. However, that made me feel useless again. I should have studied harder on my medical books! Maybe if I didn't read through them so fast I would know how to cure Nami.

But the past is past. I can not change that. All I can do now is try to find a doctor for Nami. As we approached Drum, the weather turned freezing. I put on a hoodie along with my thickest pair of jeans as the winter island draws near.

"what are you wearing?" Zoro demanded as I joined the rest of the crew around the mast of the ship. 

"Clothes," I answered bluntly. 

Zoro sighed and took off his own sweater and handed it to me. "wear it."

I shook my head. "No, it's yours, plus I'm not cold anyways." The last part was true. I wasn't cold, the one good thing about living with CP9 is that you can withstand pretty much any temperature. 

Before Zoro could further insist that I wear the sweater we were stopped by a group of angry villagers pointing their guns at us.

Before we can do anything one of the villagers shot Vivi. How could they? We didn't even do anything yet! I mean they must be scared after what the Blackbeard pirates did but still!

"GOMU GOMU-" Luffy began to yell. 

"Wait!" Vivi stopped him. "We must not attack! How else are we going to save Nami-san."

Bowing down to the villagers Vivi said. "Please help us! One of our friends is sick, we need a doctor!"

I heard Vivi say something to Luffy about being a captain as Luffy also begged the villagers to help Nami. Then, I couldn't help but wonder if this blue-haired girl really a princess?! Where is her pride?

Looking at Vivi I realized just how different she was from the Celestial Dragons. At times, I forget that she was royalty.  This world needs more rulers like her.

"Zoro can stay here." Vivi was saying as we got out of the ship.

"If I'm staying, Zela is also staying too!"

I sighed. "I'll go with them, I want to see what the island is like. Plus, we don't need two people on the ship."

"But-"

"And there is no danger on this island." No Baroque work agents is what my eyes said to him. Zoro sighed in defeat. "Fine, you can go."

I smiled. "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone!"

"Me? Stupid?"

After the people of Drum left we were left with the leader, a guy named Dalton and he gave instructions to reach a witch/doctor which I find quite funny. After Luffy and Sanji left with Nami,  I decided to speak up which was quite rare for me.

"Dalton-san?"

"hmm yeah?"

"I was wondering if this island is called- or used to be called Drum?" I asked as politely as possible.

Dalton narrowed his eyes. "Yes, it used to be called that." 

"I was just asking because we encountered a pirate asking if we know where the Drum kingdom is."

Dalton stopped walking. "Who is it?"

"You mean the guy that who ate our ship?" Luffy asked butting in.

"What was his name again?" Ussop wondered out loud. "Lapol, wait no, Rapple?"

I chuckled at that. "Wapol."

I watched as fear dawned upon Dalton's face. "Wapol?!"

"You know him or something old guy?" Luffy asked.

"He-." Dalton began. "I'm going to warn the villagers!"

As Dalton raised the alarm, a battered man came and reported that Dalton and his soldiers were already on the island. 

I sighed, they're probably on the Merry as well. So where the heck is Zoro?

Time to save my idiotic brother from his stupidity. 

100 views!!!

Vote~ Comment~ Enjoy~