Chapter 16 - Falling Apart

3rd POV

a few hours ago- 

Sanji, Chopper, Luffy, and Zoro came back with an injured Ussop as Chopper tended his wounds.

"That was so reckless you were lucky if you didn't die," Chopper said

Ussop suddenly started to tear up. "I'm sorry. I'm a good for nothing." he got up and clung on to Zoro's legs. "That money was so crucial to us. We could heal the Merry. The money won't come back."

"You have to go to bed. "Chopper said anxiously. 

Luffy grinned and said "It's ok we still have 100 million belli"

Ussop wiped his tears "What about the ship? what about merry? Can we still repair her? I want her to be stronger to be repaired perfectly. Can we do that with 100 million?"

I've decided to get a new ship. Merry has taken care of us it's time to let her go. Look at the catalogue ice pops gave us. We can buy a bigger ship than Merry!

"you're joking, right? Oi, stop looking so serious" Ussop looked around Zela, Zoro and Nami didn't meet his gaze. "because I lost the money right?"

Luffy shook his head

"Then why stop being like that? tell me why."

" It's not about the money," Luffy said calmly. Ussop stood up aggressively. Chopper immediately got into action "Hey you can't be like that, you need rest."

Ussop took the catalogue from Luffy's hands flungs it on the ground. "That's an eyesore Luffy, why can't we repair the merry?"

Luffy's eyes darkened, it was clear he was controlling both his grief and anger. "Because the Merry can no longer sail!"

Ussop's eyes widened, "w-what did you just say?" "

"don't make me repeat myself. we can't repair the Merry! No matter what!"

 This ship? That we're on right now?" Ussop asked kneeling on the floor of the Sunny.

"That's right the shipwrights said that she will sink soon and won't make it to the next island."

"What'd you say?" Ussop yelled angrily standing up. "Just because first-class shipwrights told you that. We made it through all sorts of waves and battles together. Merry is our dear friend.  Are you going to abandon her in a place like this?! Is that how little this ship means to you?!"

 "That's enough!" Zela interfered putting charmspeak in her words. "We don't need an argument at a time like this."

 Both men paused before Luffy narrowed his eyes at Ussop. "We ask those shipwrights to make an assessment because we don't have a shipwright."
Ussop started into Luffy's eyes. "Fine, I'll fix her, as I always have! I'll go buy lumber." Ussop tries to walk but falls. "Hey help me guys!"

 "wait!" Zela and Sanji called after him.

""You're not a shipwright are you Ussop?

Zela's eyes flashed. " Hey Luffy-"

"so what? I don't trust shipwrights who gave up on those ships because they are not are own. I won't give up on this ship! You probably got fooled by the shipwright's convincing argument, didn't you?" Ussop paused breathing hard." the luffy I knew would have believed in the strength of the merry rather than buying those guys' sales talk." Ussop grabbed Luffy his vest. "How can you make a decision so captain like that?"

"wait Ussop-" Nami cried

 "Stay out of this Nami! This is something I decided. I won't change my mind no matter what you say. We are saying goodbye to the merry here!" Luffy said angrily

"Don't be ridiculous I won't allow that! Listen, Luffy It's not like everyone can live looking ahead like you do! I can't leave our wounded friend here and go to the seas ahead. Considering how you are, aren't you excited thinking about the new ship? while pretending to be concerned about Merry?

"That is enough!" Zela roared in anger. Everyone stared at her in shock, she had never been worked up like this before. "The money is stolen, Robin's missing, do you think we can afford another argument?" Looking downcast Zela approached the door. "I'm going for a walk."

Little did the girl know, Ussop left the ship afterward and fought a duel with his former captain at exactly 10 o'clock at night. This island truly will leave a scar on the Straw Hat pirates...

5 in the morning-

"Zela!" Nami exclaimed as she saw the brown-haired girl walk into the hotel they were staying at. "Sorry, we didn't,  we couldn't-"

"It's ok Nami," Zela replied. "It seems like Ussop is really determined..."

"Zela-chan." Sanji greeted the girl as she entered the room. "Zel.." Zoro looked up from where he was sleeping on the floor. Zela went to sit next to her brother laying her head on his shoulders. 

Zoro's POV

I sat here with Zel on my shoulders, I couldn't sleep right now which is something that haven't happened in quite a while. The way Ussop left had an effect on me, even though I don't show it. And also Nico Robin, did she actually betray us like that admiral said or is she just... lost? Yes, that might be it, she might be lost- what a baka. 

It was then Nami stood up. "Ok, Chopper, Sanji can you guys go look for Robin?" The two nodded and stood up and left. "Luffy and I will go look around also, Zoro can you stay with Zela until she wakes up? I don't think she slept for days."

I nodded as Chopper and that cook left the room. I had to feel bad for Luffy as he also left with Nami, it really is hard being the captain... Just then Zel started to stir on my shoulders. "Zoro?" Zela asked as she sat up. "Did I fall asleep?" 

I nodded as we stood up. "Ussop said you think that Robin was abducted by world government."

Zel looked uncomfortable at this. "It's possible, Water 7 is quite close to Enies Lobby where government agents and marines base at."

I didn't get what Enies Lobby is but whatever Zel say I guess. "Ok, where do you wanna go?"

Zel looked around. "Since everyone's gone, let's just look around, maybe we can go find Robin as well."

"Yeah, she might be lost," I said even though that woman probably wasn't lost. Zel gave me a look before walking out of the hotel with me. Whatever, at least I get to spend the day with my sister. But what surprised me was that Zel dragged me into a clothes shop. The shop looked like it was about to close but Zel was quick, after grabbing a white blouse and skirt we left the store.

"Why did we go there? Are you lost?" I asked my sister as we turned another corner. This part of the city seems to have more walkways than usual. But before Zel could reply, we turned another corner to a store selling... b-bikinis. I saw Zela staring at it. "W-we, uh-" 

Zel smiled mischievously, "Don't worry Zoro I won't go there." Just then some people looked at us with suspicion.

"Isn't that Pirate Hunter Zoro?" I heard them whisper. Then Zel tugged my arm. "Let's split up, I'll try to find Robin on the way- I know you don't trust her."

I only nodded as my sister dashed off. "Zoro! When you find the time, read today's newspaper!"

Huh? Newspaper? As I tried to go back to the hotel to take a nap, some citizens who were looking at me and Zel earlier started chasing and yelling at me. 

"It's Pirate Hunter Zoro!"

"Get him!"

"How could you do that to Iceberg-san!"

What the heck is going on? Whatever gotta run. But why does Zel run off now?

Vote~ Comment~ Enjoy~