Chapter 23 - we're back!

A/N: I'm skipping the rest of Enies Lobby because Zela fainted and it wouldn't make much of a difference in the plot. (and cuz I'm lazy)

3rd POV

Roronoa Zela woke up rubbing her head. What just happened?  The girl winced as she sat up, trying to clear her head as she looked around. 

"Zela!" The voice of a certain navigator called out to the brown-haired girl as she sat up.

"Nami? W-where are my? Where's Oroz? Is Luffy ok?" Just as Zela stopped talking she saw the rubbery pirate laying on a bed across from her. "Luffy! Is everything fine? What about Robin? Zoro?"

Nami smiled, "everything's fine, Luffy beat Lucci and Oroz is playing outside with Chimney."

Zela tilted her head, "Granny Kokoro's granddaughter?"

"That's right."

The door to the cabin where they were staying opened and a green-haired idiot entered the room. "Zel?! You're awake!" Zoro said with delight as he hugged his little sister. "Finally, I have so many questions!"

"Yes, we all do." Nico Robin said calmly as she sat down on a chair. "Why don't you join us at the table? Sanji is preparing lunch."

Right on queue Sanji entered the room carrying platters full of food, "Zela-chwannn! You're awake!"

Chopper hurried after Sanji as he stopped at Zela's bedside checking the girl all over before allowing her to stand up and walk to the table.

Wobbling, Zela stood up. "Can I go outside to see Oroz?"

"Alright," Chopper answered but it was more of a question to the rest of the crew for permission to leave the room.

Zela gave a nod of thanks to the doctor as she left the room without meeting any of their gazes. Zoro's head was spinning in particular, perhaps due to the fact that he kept getting lost trying to find the house after wandering around the city but more likely due to the fact of the many questions he wanted to ask his sister. Zela has a child with Spandam? Did she know that CP9 was in Water 7? And if so, why didn't she warn them?

"Mommy!" a warm cry greeted the worried mother as she stepped out of the house. 

"Oroz!" Zela replied as she picked up her kid and spun him around. "Woah." Zela flinched, her back still really hurt. Putting Oroz down and patting his head, the brunette turned to Chimney an her cat/rabbit. "Thank you for playing with my son."

'It's nothing." the girl replied looking sheepish but proud. 

"Oroz dear,"

"Yes, mama?"

"I'm gonna go eat, can you play with big sis Chimney for a bit more?"

"Ok! Bye bye mama!" with a radiating smile Oroz went back to playing as he ran on the grass lawn as fast as his chubby little legs could carry him.

Zela went back into the house looking at an astounding sight, Monkey D. Luffy eating while sleeping. Zela smiled, this was her hungry captain after all. Nothing is going to get in his way of eating everything.

"Zel." Zoro called out, "Come sit by me."

Zela took a seat next to her brother, "How long has he been asleep?"

"2 days." Chopper answered as he drank a bottle of milk. "Our ship is going to be ready in 3 more days."

"Oh." Zela nodded surprised. "Is- by any chance, have you guys seen Ussop?"

The crew's expression changed. "H-he's around."

Zela sighed and began to eat, it was one of the quietest lunches the Straw Hat crew has ever eaten with the exception of Luffy falling off his chair after he was done eating. It was quiet and no one made jokes or laughed. 

Zela put down her chopsticks, "OK, I know you guys suspect me but I swear I wasn't on CP9's side. Also, also it should matter since- since I'm leaving the crew!" Zela's voice shook at the end of the sentence as she looked down on her lap fiddling with her fingers. 

"WHAT?!" 

Zoro looks devastated, "why?"

"You know why," Zela replied looking outside to where Oroz was playing. "I need to ensure Oroz a safe childhood growing up. Unlike mine..."

"Zela..." Nami looked at the girl with sadness in her eyes. "Are you... gonna... leave?"

Zela looked away, "yes, but I still need permission from Luffy." Zela looked at Luffy now sleeping soundly on the bed. "I- I plan to stay on Water 7. Perhaps Iceberg needs a new assistant now that Kalifa's gone."

"Are you just going to leave?" Zoro said with pain in his voice.

Zela looked away as Sanji spoke up, "Let's discuss this when Luffy wakes up. No matter how idiotic he is, he's still our captain."

"Luffy should be back in health before the ship is finished." Chopper reported as tears flooded into his eyes. "Luffy will know what to do."

The crew nodded as Zela excused herself from the table to play with her son, dreading the day she'd officially leave the Straw Hat crew.

3 days later-

"WHAT?! ZELA IS LEAVING THE CREW?! NO WAY!" Luffy yelled as the crew told him the news. Zela herself has taken Oroz to look around the town for jobs. "I won't allow it." Luffy said stubbornly.

The crew didn't say anything, after all, it's a matter between Luffy and Zela. But before they can discuss anything a loud crash comes from behind.

"Eh?! Granpa?!"

---skip---

Zela smiled as she carried Oroz back to the house. Yes, this is how my life will be from now on... No more adventures... No more hardships... I'll finally live a normal life.

The young mother hummed as she entered the house to the whole crew in pretty much panic. "What's going on?"

"Garp the fist is Luffy's grandfather!" Nami gasped as she leaned on the chair for support.

"Dragon the revolutionary is Luffy's dad!" Chopper yelled as the little reindeer ran around the room.

"What's the big deal?" Luffy asked picking his nose while standing in the middle of the room.

"BIG DEAL?! OF COURSE IT'S A BIG DEAL!" Nami and Chopper yelled at him in unison.

Robin chuckled before turning to Zela, "Here, it's our new bounties."

Zela looked at the wanted posters before reaching hers. "65 million berries." the girl mattered. "800 million, private and only alive?!"

Robin smiled, "I think that may be Spandam's doing. Don't you think so?"

Zela gripped the wanted posters tightly as sweat formed on her forehead. Oroz noticing his mother's discomfort stopped staring at Nami and Chopper yelling at Luffy and looked at Zela instead.

"T-that means I can't stay here can't I?"

Robin nodded, "I heard Franky might join us too, as a shipwright."

Zela sighed, this is a difficult decision. Looking at Oroz and then at the Straw Hats, the girl made up her mind.

"Captain Luffy! May I sail on your ship until I find a proper residential area for me and Oroz?"

Luffy grinned, "Sure."

Zoro looked at his nephew, "are you bringing him?"

Zela shook her head, "I can't put him in danger, I'll leave him here. We'll move there when I find a place to live outside the world government's reach."

Nami grinned, "alright!"

Sanji and Chopper cheered also. 

Luffy smiled at his crew. "We just need one more thing before we set off."

"Ussop and a bronze statue!"

"That's two things Luffy!"

"Oh yea..."