Siete

The Vallejo residence has been designated as the venue for the group study session of stressed and busy second-year architecture students. With final exams looming the following week, some of Lea and Ian's classmates practically pleaded with Lea to be their tutor, especially in Differential and Integral Calculus, a subject in which Lea consistently excels. Lea agreed, partly because his best friend is also on the verge of failing. Ian, on the other hand, doesn't seem to care if he fails, as he has no real desire to pursue a career in architecture. His dream is to become a chef, and he's actively searching for reasons to abandon the architecture course. However, Lea, who fully supports Ian's career aspirations, is still trying to convince him that as long as he remains in architecture, he should aim to pass to keep his options open for other schools that require a clean academic record.

So, on one fine Saturday, instead of hanging out on the basketball court or playing golf with his Dad or Tito Javier, Ian finds himself stuck at home surrounded by books, study materials, and five of his classmates. The only silver lining in this study group is that his crush, Jessica, a fellow classmate since their first year, is also part of it.

Lea's role during the group study session is to provide equations and assist her classmates in solving them, ensuring they grasp the lesson. They've been studying for two hours, and she's optimistic that the group study will benefit her friends. Everything appears to be going smoothly until she notices that Ian, seated next to Jessica, is doing nothing but flirting with his crush. She feels sorry for Jessica, who is clearly being disrupted by the guy beside her. They didn't organize this group study for Ian to pursue his romantic interests, so Lea takes a scrap of paper, crumples it, and aims it at Ian's head.

"Ugh," he mutters quietly, clearly annoyed, and shoots a glare at Lea.

Lea widens her eyes and uses her sharp gaze to signal him to focus on his work. Ian lets out a frustrated sigh and attempts to return his attention to his study materials, even though he doesn't seem to understand a thing.

Another hour has passed, and some of their friends have already left, leaving only Lea, Ian, and Jessica behind. Lea is seated between the two, explaining another topic to them.

"So, is this correct, Lea?" Jessica asks, displaying her work.

Lea takes a look, checks it, and smiles. "Yes! You've got it now!"

Jessica beams with pride since she has been struggling in the past few days. "Thanks for the help, Lea!"

"No worries! Here, why don't you try this next one?" She hands Jessica another worksheet to work on and then turns to Ian on her other side. She hopes that Ian is focusing on his work, but instead, he's just doodling on his paper with his name and Jessica's. She rolls her eyes and elbows him in annoyance.

"Ow!" he complains and rubs his arm. "Ano ba, Leedja!" he whispers, glancing at Jessica, who is still focused on her work.

"What are you doing? Sabi ko sagutan mo 'yang equation, hindi mag-drawing!"

"I did naman! Ayan o!" He pushes the paper toward her.

She takes it and checks but gives him another shove, making him complain again. "Your answer is wrong!"

"Well, hindi naman ako nag-claim na tama 'yung sagot ko. Sabi mo lang sagutan ko!"

"Ugh! How will you pass if you're like this?"

"Pwede bang pakopya na lang?"

Her eyes roll once again. "Don't be an idiot. Answer this!"