Chapter 3

-★-

Sophia's pov:

I quickly flinged my hand towards the volume button and turned it to 100.

Good for you turned on and Olivia started blasting so loud i wondered if i was going deaf.

"Oh my fucking god!" Miguel yelled.

He quickly turned the sound to 0 again and then slapped me on my arm.

"I am so so sorry for her- She's just like.. really weird." He said to the girl.

I burst out laughing.

"Dude you are seriously annoying!" He said to me.

The girl looked at me like 'wtf' and then burst out laughing aswell.

"This is not funny!" He yelled to me.

"No i know- sorry, sorry." I said as i slowly stopped laughing.

The girl stopped laughing aswell and Miguel sighed.

"Can i pay now?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, sorry." The girl said, holding out the pay thingy.

He payed and we drove to the second window.

"This is the last time im bringing you anywhere." He said.

"Aww you were planning to take me somewhere else?" I replied sarcastically.

"Yeah alright. Im gonna be held back a year because i am not tutoring you." He said.

"Ok ok- sorry." I replied.

We got our food and he parked in the parking lot.

"Ok but.. Can i turn her back on?" I asked.

"Fine." He sighed.

I smiled.

I turned the radio back on to around 10.

Get him back! came on.

"He had an ego and a temper and a wandering eye." I said, looking at Miguel, implying that's what i thought about him.

"Dude nice try." He replied in a singing tone as Olivia sang the lyrics.

I laughed.

"Hey how come you didn't get any sauce?" I asked.

"Not a big sauce person." He replied.

"You really struck me as a barbecue person." I said.

He looked at me confused.

"Try mine." I added, holding out my sweet n sour sauce.

"No thanks." He said, taking a sip of his fanta.

"Just try it." I replied.

"Ugh fine." He said.

He took a few of his fries and dipped them in the sauce.

"Uh- ew- dude that is fucking nasty." He complained.

He took a napkin and spit out the fries in it.

"You are being sooooo problematic right now." I replied.

"I am not being problematic that's just fucking disgusting!" He said.

I burst out with laughter.

"Its amazing." I replied, eating another one of my sweet n sour covered nuggets.

He scoffed.

"Mhm- mhmm soooo yummy." I said sarcastically as I dramatically ate it.

"Okay that just sounds disgusting tho." He replied.

"Yeah heard it, sorry." I said.

We both laughed.

After we finished our food Miguel drove me home. He parked a few feet away from my house.

"Hey- When did all these kids move in? And where'd the playkids go?" He asked.

Playkids was what we called the group of kids that used to live on 7th street. Its not as nasty as it sounds.

7th street had 5 houses attached to eachother. Obviously there were more houses but i lived in one of the five. All have family's with kids in them.

"Oh uhm.. Joss' dad got a job in New york and they moved there. James moved into a small apartment with his dad after his mom died and idk what happened to Olivia she just kinda disappeared one day." I replied.

"Hm. So who are the new ones?" He asked.

I pointed to a kid with blonde hair and blue eyes. "Thats Stella, kinda quiet, always drawing with chalk when she's outside."

I pointed to a girl with long black hair. "That's Julie. Really sweet, bestfriends with that girl." I started, i pointed at another girl. "Oakley, friends with the guys. Cool or something. Don't really know."

I pointed to one of the guys, he was a ginger. Just like James. "Jack. A ginger. My brother. Boring as hell." I said.

I pointed to the last kid. "Mateo, like a younger version of you. Mexican, annoying, yeah once again, really all i know." I finished.

He nodded.

"Hey.. your their Claudia." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Claudia, yknow. James' older sister who was always sitting in her room and waved at us." He replied.

"Oh yeah i forgot about her." I said.

He smiled.

"Wow Mateo really is a younger version of you. Their all younger versions." I added.

"Yeah, Me and Mateo, Joss and Julie, James and Jack, Olivia and Oakley and then you and Stella. And then also you and Claudia but whatever." He said.

I smiled at him.

He looked at me.

"I think that's the first time ive seen you smile at me." He said.

"Alright Mora, goodbye." I replied.

I got out of the car and i heard him laugh. I grinned to myself.

-★-