Chapter 1: The start of life.

She wasn't conscious yet, but she felt alive, but she wasn't alive, does that make sense? Regardless, she felt very hot and very crowded, she also felt oddly sticky and wet. She wanted out, but she couldn't move, she was upset at that fact, but found that being awake was draining her energy enough. She felt she had multiple eyes, but they all looked at the same things, the inside of what she assumed to be her prison. She didn't like this prison, but she was stuck with it until she could find a way out. Being awake was exhausting, she felt her eyes close as she fell into a deep sleep.

When she awoken, she found that she was being moved, but she could also move around and stuff. She heard something crack and she looked over and she felt her eyes close at the light, it burned and made her let out a noise, it was loud and higher pitched , and it made whatever moving her stop. She raised her claws and started scratching at her prison, intent on getting out of her cage. The prison started to crack away, but the light kept on coming in. It was blinding and it hurt, but it was out.

Finally, her prison broke, and she fell out of it, she breathed in and coughed because why does the outside burn!? After a few chokes and coughing, she finally looked around herself. First, she saw an entire cluster of she can't even count how many eggs. She looks behind herself and looks at the egg she just came out of, the egg cracked and torn from the force she used to get out of it. Good, her prison wasn't even comfortable, it felt nice to stretch her limbs.

Regardless, she wondered what made her egg crack, and as she looked around with her multiple sets of eyes, she heard another crack. She turned around and saw another, like her, but a bit darker in color, somewhat bigger, and standing above another egg. Her sibling, she assumed, dug their teeth, which she noticed were pretty thin and sharp, into the egg as it cracked again. This time, however, her sibling spat out the shell of the egg and kept digging their teeth into the shell.

She wondered why they would do this and kept staring at her sibling in a curiosity fit for a hatchling like her. She watched as her sibling tore through the egg until the whole they made was big enough to fit their head, to which they shoved it inside to break the egg further. The egg indeed break further, to which her sibling seem to growl happily about, as they also seemed to grab something. She quickly found out, as her sibling pulled out another one of her siblings out of the egg, dropping them on the ground of the egg.

Her eyes seemed to widen in surprise as her sibling dug their teeth into the neck of their sibling, feasting on their body as they seemed to die quickly. That sibling must have not been fully grown in the egg, as they seemed smaller than her and her other sibling, not that the fact scared her. She didn't feel upset, or scared, or even angry, though she felt a bit hostile at the feasting of her dead sibling. Her sibling tore into the corpse of the other sibling, rather viscously tearing into the flesh, that she realized was rather thick as her sibling had a hard time tearing it.

She realized quickly that it was the scales that was the hard part, as her sibling had no problem tearing their teeth into the actual flesh, the scales were just the problem. The scales seemed to be thick, hard to pierce, but since they were still hatchlings, it was easier. She had to guarantee, that once they got older, the scales would be harder to crush. The thought, it made her suddenly aggressive and she found that a growl left her throat, which caught the attention of her sibling.

Her sibling finally looked over at her, their multiple eyes locked onto hers, and she could see the same aggressison she felt come back at her. They didn't feel like siblings, but like they were strangers, like they didn't come from the same hatching, but like they were bound to be enemies. The feasting soon cake back again, as her sibling realized she wouldn't do anything. Oh, how much of a mistake that was. She jumped forwards, a bit hard to push herself off of the ground because of how her legs are shaped, but it didn't stop her.