32

Meredith contacted Rowan the week that Alders and Rowan returned from America. She told him that she gave birth to her baby. Rowan knew Alders would be ecstatic about the news.

"What about Lady Lennon" Rowan asked. "She is out with the ladies of London" Meredith said. Anders was in the baby's room when Meredith approached him. "Andy your brother and his lover are back in London they want to see the baby" Meredith said.

A knock on the door was soon heard, Meredith rushed to answer the door. Outside stood Alders and Rowan Meredith happily hugged the both of them. "Andy come downstairs your brother is here" Meredith said.

Anders soon was seen coming down stairs with a neutral blanket in his arms. Alders heart raced as he tried to see the baby. "I'd like to introduce Henry Roman Lennon" Anders said. Alders had teary eyes he always wanted to be a uncle. "May I hold him" Alders asked.

Anders carefully transferred Henry into his brothers arms. Alders glanced at the infant. He noticed the baby had Meredith's features but in a male form. Henry had the Lennon nose and smile. "He's perfect" Alders said. Looking at Rowan as he sat next to him.

"Would you like to hold your nephew" He asked. "Of course I would" Rowan said. Alders transferred Henry to the American. "Rowan do you have any nieces or nephews" Meredith asked. "Only one my fathers side a niece named Daisy she's turning ten this year" Rowan said. "Have you ever visited her since she was born" Alders asked. "The last time I saw her was when she turned nine my uncle is in the military and he moves constantly" Rowan said.

The silence fell in the room Meredith looked between her husband and the baby. "Would you like to see the baby's room" Anders said. Alders stood up following his brother hesitantly following him.

Rowan stayed back Meredith sensed something was wrong. "You seem distant today" Meredith said. "I'm fine " Rowan said. Meredith only chuckled as she shook her head. "When a woman says she's fine really there's something wrong" She said.

"I left my parents home on a bad note a argument broke out with my father and I haven't spoken to him since the incident" He said.

Sets of footsteps were heard coming downstairs. Anders and Alders were seen walking into the sitting room. Rowan put on a fake smile he needed to be happy in times like this.

"Aren't you two joining us" Anders said. Meredith picked up Henry from Rowan's arms. "We were just heading up" Meredith said. Alders watched Rowan for a moment. The American met his gaze. "Is everything ok" Alders asked. Rowan nodded as they followed Meredith and Anders. "Everything's good" Rowan said.

The four of them entered Henry's room. The room had sail boats painted on the walls. "A local artist painted those for us aren't those magnificent" Meredith said.

Indeed they were the artist paid such attention to detail to each boat. "Who painted this masterpiece" Rowan asked. "A Cal Ezra recommend his son to us our neighbors love his works" Meredith said. "What's his sons name" Alders asked.

"Leon"

"He did have a male friend that looked awfully feminine didn't you think so" Meredith said.

"Indeed, the man's eyes were all over me which I thought was very strange" Anders said.

"I'd say this friend of his was a lovely fellow we gossiped about endless things" Meredith said.

"What did mum say about having a negro man in her home" Alders asked.

"She wasn't home, she's been busy with ladies of London lately" Meredith said happily. Meredith was always ecstatic when Lady Lennon was gone.

"Mum and I never have tea time together anymore it's a shame don't you think Mary" Anders said.

Meredith sarcastically said with no emotion on her face. "I'm saddened by her absence" Meredith said. Sending a wink towards Alders. The Brit brought his hand up to his lips as he hid the smirk on his face.

"Excuse me for a moment" Alders said.

Alders walked out of the room into his childhood room he locked the door. The joy inside his heart radiated as he finally laughed about something.

Meredith was on his side about having hatred towards the vile woman Lady Lennon. Before going back Alders collected himself.

Alders returned with a smile on his face. The once dim eyes were filled with light and joy.

"Anders my darling I'm home" Lady Lennon said.

The joy was nice while it lasted. Like the boats on the wall Alders heart sunk. "Andy go tend your mother now" Meredith ordered. Anders took a final look at his brother before leaving towards his mother.

"Take him out to the front porch I'll bring him tea" Meredith said.

Rowan picked up Alders. The joy that once was in his eyes were now faded. Switching to a blank stare. "That ignorant bloke of a brother just had to mention that senile woman and just like that she's here" Alders said.

His complexion started to change from fair skinned to pale. "Have you eaten anything today" Rowan asked. Alders eyes went wide the excitement of seeing his nephew caused him to skip a meal maybe two.

"When was the last meal you had" Rowan asked calmly. "I really can't remember...maybe lunch or breakfast yesterday or the day before that" Alders replied.

Rowan noticed Alders hips were becoming more and more bonier. "Did you eat anything when we were coming home from America" Rowan asked calmly. Alders shook his head shaking a little.

Rowan took him down to the front porch once there Alders was sat on a rocking chair. "Would you like to eat something" Rowan asked. Alders shook his head. "It's ok, you eat when you're ready I'm not mad whatsoever Aldi" Rowan said.

Meredith was in the kitchen cutting up slices of bread and pouring water in a glass for Alders.

Lady Lennon walked into the kitchen. She stuck up her nose in the air as she grabbed a napkin from the counter. "Why are you supporting that thing" she asked. "It's what Latin women like me do we remember our dead ancestors" Meredith said. A butter knife was in Meredith's hand from cutting the bread.

"If I hear one more word about you referring to your homosexual son as dead I won't hesitate to send this knife through your throat do I make myself clear Lady Lennon" Meredith said.

Lady Lennon gulped as her hand was on her chest. "Excuse me while I go to feed your bread to your homosexual son" Meredith said.

Meredith walked past Lady Lennon She giggled to herself. Opening the front door to the porch Alders was asleep in a rocking chair. Rowan sat beside him.

Rowan had a grin on his face. "Thank you for that, defending Alders" Rowan said. Rowan pulled Meredith in for a hug. "He's a angel in disguise, protect him Rowan" Meredith said. "I promise I will" Rowan said.