Chapter 11

Alexa pov:
I woke up to see that kol wasn't next to me so I made my morning routine

Meanwhile

Elijah is walking around the study and finds the burnt sage his mother used last night. Downstairs, Rebekah enters the living room, where Kol and Klaus are. Klaus is on a couch sketching.
Kol: Well, well, well, there's our girl!
He stands before her and blocks her way.
Rebekah: Get out of my way, Kol.
Kol: Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?
Rebekah: If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth.
Klaus grins.
Rebekah: Don't start, Nik!
Klaus: I didn't say anything.
Kol: I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment.
Klaus: What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it.
Kol: It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart.
Klaus: Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date. And after all of that you and your wife decided to have the time of your life
Kol: at least I did it better that bekah here
Rebekah:just please go, this house has enough men rolling around it in.
Kol: Just like you, Bekah.
Rebekah throws her shoe at Kol.
Kol: ohhh and tell my lovely wife that I left
Rebekah: Good riddance, both of you!
Elijah enters the room, still holding the burnt sage.
Elijah: Rebekah.
Rebekah: Not you too, Elijah.
Elijah: I'm worried about mother. Have you not noticed her strange behavior?
Rebekah: She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?
Elijah: Burnt sage.
Elijah shows Rebekah the sage and she takes it from him.
Elijah: She was doing a privacy spell.
Rebekah: You know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her.
Elijah: I don't trust Finn. He hates what we are, he always has.
Rebekah: That's not true. And as for mother, she returned for one reason, to make our family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?
Elijah: no you don't understand Alexandra entered Elena's mind after she left the room she said that she is trying to kill us
Alex enteredand saw Rebekah and elijah talking so she went to them
Alex: hey guys
Elijah: Alexandra good to see you and let me tell you like always you are right elijah said
Alex: oh so she is really trying to kill us
Elijah: yea and I actually gonna make a deal with the salvatore
Rebekah: and with a deal he means he will kidnap elena and force the Salvatore's to help us
Elijah: well it is the same thing for me
Alex: so what are we gonna do
Elijah: well I will go to talk with the salvatores while Rebekah keep elena and you, you will come with me after I talk with the salvatores to make sure everything is OK
Alex: Ok then let's go
and with that everyone went his own way

Gilbert house

Bonnie is sitting on Elena's bed with her grimoire and a tray before her containing three lit candles and a bowl in which she is burning sage, while Elena talks to her.
Elena: He was gloating. Like actual gloat. Like he was proud of himself for sleeping with her. Is it working?
Caroline enters the room.
Caroline: It's not working. I can hear every word you're saying about Damon, the vampire gigolo.
Bonnie: I don't know, it's a tricky spell.
Elena: When Esther did it, she kept the sage burning. There was a lot more smoke.
Bonnie: Alright.
Bonnie relights the sage.
Bonnie: Try it again.
Caroline scoffs and leaves the room again.
Bonnie: Speaking of Esther, you should know that she came to see me and Abby this morning.
Elena: And all this time you let me vent about Damon?
Bonnie: I don't want you to worry.
Elena: Okay, well, what did she want?
Bonnie: She wanted to introduce herself. Abby and I helped bring her back. She's channeling our entire ancestral bloodline for power. I think she thought she was being polite.
Elena: Okay, well, is there a way to stop her from channeling you?
Bonnie: Even if there was, why would I want that?
Elena: I just keep thinking....Before the sun and the moon ritual, Elijah found a way to keep me alive. And now I'm in exactly the same position and I'm just gonna let him die? It just doesn't feel right.
Caroline re-enters the room.
Caroline: Okay. First of all, this privacy spell is totally not working. Second. Elena, you are not doing this, Esther is doing this. But is there a way that she won't kill alex
Elena: Caroline you are turning nice you can't do that she is the enemy
Caroline: she just been so nice to me
Bonnie: There's no time to change your mind, Elena and caroline. He'll be dead by the end of the night.
Elena: What?
Bonnie: It's a full moon. Esther needs to harness the energy of a celestial event. She asked me and Abby to join her.

Later There's a knock on the door. Elena walks down stairs and answers it. Elijah is outside.
Elijah: Elena.
Elena: Elijah.
Elijah: I don't mean to intrude. I was hoping you might accompany me. I want to show you something.

Woods

Elijah parks his car and he and Elena get out and walk around.
Elijah: Forgot how much I missed this land.
Elena: I can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago.
Elijah: You know, your school was built over an Indian village. Where I saw my first werewolf. The town square was where the natives would gather to worship. Matter of fact, near that, there was a field where wild horses use to graze.
Elena: That's incredible.
Elijah: Come.
Elena: Do you know this place too?
Elijah: I do. Below us is a cavern I use to play in as a boy. Connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area. Perhaps it's nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon. My mother said there must be a balance.
Elena: Elijah, I should probably go home.
Elijah: I admire you, Elena. You remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us. It's not in your nature to be deceitful and yet when I asked about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face.
Elena: That's not true. I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start.
Elijah: I can hear your heartbeat. It jumps when you're being dishonest with me. You lied to me at the ball; you are lying to me now. Tell me the truth.
Elena: I never wanted this to happen.
Elijah: What, Elena?
Elena: We were told that whatever was going to be in that coffin was going to kill Klaus. When we found out that it was your mother....We didn't know what to think.
Elijah: Since her return she says she only wants this family whole again.
Elena: When she asked to see me, I...I thought that maybe she could help. That she would find a way to kill Klaus. It's not just Klaus that she wants to kill.
Elijah: She wants to kill us all, doesn't she? She wants to undo the evil she created.
Elena: I'm so sorry, Elijah. I wish there was something I could do to help.
Elijah: You know, one thing I've learned on my time on this Earth...be careful what you wish for.
Elijah breaks a hole into the Earth, grabs Elena, and jumps down the hole with her. Later, Elena is alone in the cavern, trying to get a signal on her cell phone.
Elena is walking around in the underground tunnels, trying to find a way out. She thinks she sees a way when Rebekah appears, blocking her escape.
Rebekah: Going somewhere?
Elena: What are you doing here?
Rebekah: Not much. Unless you try to run. In which case, I get to kill you.

Salvatore Boarding House

Stefan enters the house.
Stefan: I can't find her anywhere.
He walks into the living room and sees Elijah sitting by the fireplace, talking to Damon.
Elijah: Hello, Stefan.
Damon: He has Elena.
Elijah: Actually, she's with Rebekah. As you can imagine, my sister is just dying to tear her throat out. So...if you want to save Elena's life, I need you to help me stop my mother.
Damon: I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but when it comes to killing thousand year old resurrected witches, I'm a little rusty.
Elijah: Yes, unfortunately, even when killed my mother doesn't seem to want to stay dead. Not with the spirits of nature at her side.
Stefan: So, what are we supposed to do?
Elijah: The witches that released my mother, she's drawing her power from their bloodline, that line needs to be broken.
Stefan: Broken?
Damon: Yeah, he means.
Damon makes a cutting motion with his forefinger over his neck.
Stefan: You want us to kill them.
Elijah: You know I'd do it myself, but I have absolutely no idea where they are. Besides, seeing me, they'd immediately know my intent. They won't expect to be harm by the likes of you. In any case, you have until six minutes after nine to find them.
Damon: Oh, how super specific of you.
Elijah: By 9:07, the moon will be full, my mother will have the power she needs to kill me and my family. If you do not stop her before then, Rebekah will kill Elena. So we all have our timeline? I suggest you get started.
Elijah starts walking towards the exit.

Woods

Rebekah is recording Elena on her cell phone.
Rebekah: Alright, love, now look into the camera.
Elena: What are you doing?
Rebekah: Shooting a picture to inspire your boyfriends. Why don't you tell them how delightful it is being stuck in a hole with your biggest fan?
Elena: I guess you think I had this coming, huh? After what I did to you?
Rebekah: You know, I don't know what I want more, to find out we're saved or to find out it's alright to kill you.
Elena: This isn't my fault. I wanted to get rid of Klaus. At one point, so did you. I didn't know that your mom was planning on killing all of you.
Rebekah: Do you think I want to spend what could be the last few hours of my life having idle chit-chat with a girl who literally stabbed me in the back? Of course not. But for some reason, everybody seems to want to bend over backwards to save your life, which is incredibly annoying, but makes you the perfect hostage. So, why don't you sit down and shut up before I ruin everything by ripping your head off.
Elena sits down.