In fact, I think I'm gonna steal you from him: R.C

Warnings: cheating, obsessive

You work at the Country Club to pay for your studies, and you live with your boyfriend. However, he isn't interested in you and doesn't really listen to you. He spends your money on parties and drugs. But the worst part is that he disappears without giving you any updates for hours or even days. Yet, you continue to work multiple shifts at the Country Club because you have to pay the rent... you don't have a choice.

While you're struggling with the beer tap that refuses to work, you hear a familiar voice say, "Hi, beautiful, how you doin' today?" It's the confident and gentle voice of Rafe Cameron. You know him well from spending your days and nights here. You smile as you wipe your wet hands and reply, "I've had better." He responds with a slight smile, squinting his eyes, and asks, "What time do you finish? We could grab a bite to eat." He has been trying to convince you to go out for a while now, having overheard your conversations with colleagues when you talked about your boyfriend. You shake your head, vaguely remembering the man you left in bed earlier today, deeply asleep.

"No, I... I have a..." you stammered, but he grumbles unabashedly, rolling his eyes and pounding his fist on the table. "don't use him as an excuse. you shouldn't be with him in the first place." you look at him, is he serious? he always been nice and smiling to you, but he never told you anything about your boyfriend. "uh, thanks?" you say, a little bit lost. "i'm serious. He doesn't fucking deserve you. You need better," he says with frustration. You look at him, tilting your head, knowing deep down that it's the little game he plays with every waitress who has a pretty smile. "Yeah, but you only want me because I have someone, Rafe," you say. He shakes his head, his burning gaze never leaving you, and his smile widens. "I could be a better boyfriend than him." you laugh amused "yeah, right." he looks at you, dead serious "i can be such a gentleman" his heavy broken voice could make you shiver, but he is all talks.

You stare at him, and a laugh escapes your lips. "You never had a girl. I know you could never handle a woman, Rafe. You've just been here when I was going through tough times," you say, mocking him. He clenches his jaw, raising his eyes to meet yours "i would love to handle you, beautiful".

his words makes your cheeks burning, but he doesn't stop, "i could left you on read because i have no brain, but I would never leave you alone. I would never let my girl work in that fucking job, and I would never let you take care of everything," he says calmly, his voice husky and serious. His smile grows as he nods. "In fact, I think I'm gonna steal you from him."

He walks away, looking into your eyes with his beautiful, playful blue eyes. He flashes a mocking smile before turning away. As he moves further away, you let out a slight sigh, feeling a slight tremor within you.

midnight.

Your shift has finally ended, albeit with a slight delay. You hurriedly make your way to your car, feeling famished as your stomach grumbles. Throughout the evening, you've been serving food but haven't been able to eat much yourself... You just can't seem to eat properly while working. As you reach your car, you come to a halt, looking at it in frustration. Damn it. The tire is flat. You could change it yourself, but you just had your nails done. Rafe had given you a generous tip when he learned that you aced your last exam; he wanted to encourage you. Grimacing, you grab your phone, hoping that your boyfriend could come and pick you up. You dial his number, but it goes to voicemail. You try again, and again, and again. Three times, all in vain. Frustrated, you mutter in annoyance as you open your trunk. "Damn it." You start preparing the tools, recalling the advice your brother gave you on changing a tire.

"Hi, beautiful... need a hand?" a sly voice whispers next to you. Startled, you turn towards him, and his smile widens. "What are you doing here?" you ask, surprised to find him here so late. "You're going to need your car tomorrow morning for school. I can change the tire for you if you want. Don't ruin your nails, beautiful," he says, looking at you, his mischievous smile growing. He approaches to grab a key and rolls up the sleeves of his gray jacket. He crouches down in front of the wheel, his eyes meeting yours, and his smile grows. "Finally alone." You can't help but let out a gasp of astonishment, looking at him in disbelief. "Did you puncture purposely my tire just to talk to me?" He gives a slight smile and nods, almost imperceptibly. "Of course."

"Now, before I fix your tire, I have to convince you to have dinner with me," he says, his smile growing, his gaze confident and self-assured. Yet, there's something about him that deeply captivates you. No one has ever tried to get your attention quite like this. "You're a real madman," you whisper, a smile playing on your lips.

You gaze at his arms as his hands move around the wheel, grabbing the wrench and loosening the bolts. You can practically see the sculpted muscles in his arms, the veins protruding on his forearms and the back of his hands. His eyes meet yours. "You're liking it anyway," he says, and your smile widens as you roll your eyes playfully.

"Where's your man?" he asks, in an arrogant tone. "I don't know..." you reply, and he pouts slightly as he straightens up. "You're so cute. You know I wasn't lying earlier," he says, reaffirming his previous statement.

You squint your eyes as he straightens up, rummaging through your trunk, and you stand there in silence, unsure of what to say. "That's what guys always say, Rafe. It never lasts," you say with a hint of skepticism. He smiles, raising an eyebrow, and shakes his head gently.

"You know I'll take care of you, right?" he smiles, running a hand over your cheek, his eyes locked with yours. "You know he doesn't deserve you. You study all day, work late... and he's not helping you at all..." His words resonate in your head, and you realize he has really been listening in on your conversations. For a brief moment, you can't hold his gaze, but he lifts your chin with a gentle finger. "I could do the shit he never did..." He brushes his hand against his neck, bringing your face closer to his. Your heart beats faster as you let yourself go, not pushing him away. You allow him to bridge the distance between you, hypnotized by his eyes. "You would?" you ask, a hint of sarcasm in your voice. "I would do anything to make you smile all day, beautiful," he says, his smile stretching across his face. Your heart skips a beat. He has that playful, mischievous spark. He glances around before stepping back.

"Where is he? Riding you home? Asking about your day? Is he even worrying about you, baby? He doesn't even check if you're safe... but I fucking care, like..." His voice melted with passion he pauses, clenching his fist, holding his breath as he tilts his head. He approaches you, his hands caressing your cheeks, and presses his forehead against yours, locking eyes with you. "Babe, I can see the shattered sparkle in your eyes that I see in my reflection, and I really want to make that disappear from this pretty face..." He gazes at you with such depth and vulnerability, appearing genuinely sincere. His eyes reflect nothing but tenderness and gentleness. You furrow your brow, feeling concerned about what will unfold now that you realize he's the one you need. Slowly, you lift your head, reaching his lips, and to his surprise, you're the first to plant a fleeting, gentle kiss on his lips. You look at him through your lashes, and he captures your face, kissing you passionately.