Chapter 4 ~ Coffee Solves (Almost) Everything

Alone once again, Y/N sat at their desk writing and rewriting their opening SIRE remarks until they were somewhat happy with the result. Yawning, Y/N capped their pen and rolled back over to the coffee machine, flicking it on - only to have it immediately switch off again.

"Huh?" Y/N thought, flipping the switch again only to have the same thing happen.

"What?" A now confused Y/N said, standing and checking around the back of the machine.

"Well, it's plug-" They started, stopping themselves at the soft sound of giggling behind them, a sound Y/N recognised immediately.

"Hi, Wanda." Y/N greeted, not turning around.

"Wha-How did you know it was me?"

"The giggling." Y/N said, looking round to their girlfriend leaning up against the lab door.

She pouted at that, "I wasn't giggling."

"Yes, you were." Y/N said, finally getting the coffee machine started, only to have it turn off, again. "Wanda really? I just want my coffee."

"No." She said, moving over to sit in an empty chair.

"No?" Y/N replied, arching an eyebrow at her.

"Yes. No more coffee until you take back what you said about me 'giggling'." She said, crossing her arms. "I don't giggle."

"See, even when you're annoyed, you're adorable-" It was Wanda's turn to raise an eyebrow now. "-er, I mean, adorably powerful, and definitively my favourite Avenger."

Wanda broke into a smile at that, "I guess that's better."

"Yay, can I make my coffee now then?"

"Nope."

"Wanda, please I need it."

"It's too late for coffee, Y/N."

"It's like, only half five."

"Try quarter to seven."

"Oh wow, really. Even so, I'm tired, I need it, I've got work to do."

"It's late, I'm sure it can wait, come here you workaholic." Wanda said, standing and opening her arms.

"Like you're one to talk." Y/N mumbled, not quietly enough.

"Do you want the cuddle or not?"

"Yes please." Y/N said around a yawn, closing the distance to Wanda and wrapping their arms around her waist.

"Now who's the adorable one?" Wanda asked, laughing as Y/N groaned. "Come on." She added, ending the hug and leading Y/N out of their lab.

~~~~~

"No, I'll do them." Y/N said, getting up to clear the table as Wanda made a move to do the same.

"You sure, I don't mind."

Y/N smiled and said, "I'm sure, babe.", as they walked into the kitchen. As they entered and set the dirty plates down, Y/N looked around to see their girlfriend had followed. "Wanda, you just told me how exhausting training was. I'm not about to let stand hunched over the sink, when I can do it just fine. Just relax for a bit."

"You know I hate doing that." Wanda said, taking advantage of her slightly taller height, and resting her chin on Y/N's shoulder as he worked away.

"Hm, yeah, you and me both."

So, they stood, pressed up against one another, simply enjoying each other's proximity and the often splash of soapy water.