Chapter 1 ~ A Day Of Rest

As Wanda awoke the next morning she rolled onto her side and stared sleepily at her alarm clock willing her eyes to adjust to the morning sun. When they did, Wanda read 10:17 am and almost jumped off her bed in a late panic before she remembered what day it was. It was their day off. A day where Wanda could just be with Y/N. A day for not worrying about getting her ass beat by Natasha for the millionth time. Wanda let out a content sigh as she lifted herself up, rearranging her pillows so that she could sit up in the bed. Looking over to her left, her eyes fell upon Y/N's sleeping form, facing towards her. Reaching down she brushed their fringe out of their eyes, before kissing Y/N lightly on their forward. Seeing Y/N lying there like this, so calm but vulnerable, she made a silent promise to herself to do everything in her power to ensure Y/N knew how much she loved them and how proud she was.

Once again, Wanda found her gaze drift over to her red leather jacket, hanging on the outside of her closet door. She hadn't had the chance to test it properly since Y/N had finished it for her, and so Wanda was actually looking forward to her training session, with Natasha and Steve, tomorrow for a change.

"You know it's yours right? You can wear it if you want to."

Wanda tore her eyes away from the jacket, to see a now awake Y/N Y/N looking up at her, "I know."Wanda said, shimmying back down to lay next to them. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good actually. You?" Y/N replied leaning forward to gently kiss Wanda.

"Well, I was good until I smelt your breath." Wanda said, wrinkling her nose.

"Hey!"

"I'm serious. It's awful."

"Oh, and yours is so perfect, is it?"

"Of course. See?" Wanda replied, breathing out in Y/N's face, to prove her point.

"Oh my god, Wan. Yours is definitely worse." Recoiling slightly under the sheets, as their girlfriend simply laughed.

"Let's agree that we both have morning breath."

"Fine." Y/N relented, moving so that they could lay back against Wanda's side, as Wanda wrapped her arms around Y/N. It was the couples' favourite position, and one of the few pros of being short that Y/N could think of. Y/N was 5′6.5″, not that short considering Wanda was an inch taller at 5′7.5″. But then in comparison to others, like Tony's 6'1", Y/N was one of the shorter ones. It mattered when Tony moved the lab coffee up and above the machine, but when they were laying with Wanda's arms around them it was the best thing in the world.

After a few comfortable moments, Y/N spoke again, "You know you can wear it whenever though right? I made it for you, to y'know, wear."

"I can hardly wear it inside though."

"Sure you can."

"I suppose, but I can't wear it over my pyjamas."

"Why not? I think you'd look cute."

"Cute?"

"Fine. Beautiful. Amazing. The prettiest woman in the world."

"Well, how can I say no to that kind of praise." Wanda replied back, sliding out of the bed.

"Guess I'm getting up to then. Coffee?"

"Oh er, tea please."

"Ma'am." Y/N said, saluting to Wanda before leaving her room, as the Avenger playfully rolled her eyes.

~~~~~

Y/N was just finishing up two mugs of tea for themselves and Wanda when Wanda spoke from behind them. "How do I look?"

Y/N turned and looked at their girlfriend. "You somehow look incredibly fierce and incredibly adorable at the same time." They said, watching as Wanda struck a cheesy hero pose in her new jacket and her red & green tartan couples pyjamas.

"Thanks, I guess." Wand said, as she slipped off the jacket, folding it neatly onto the kitchen table, before taking her offered mug from Y/N. "Back to bed or...?"

"Couch, because the bedsheets have your morning breath on them." A comment that got Y/N a nudge in the ribs. "Hey, don't spill your tea."

Wanda ignored them, simply saying, "Couch it is then." As she flopped down into the soft leather, pushing her toes underneath Y/N when they sat beside her.

~~~~~

Which is how the two spent the majority of their morning, cuddling with one another, eventually making a late breakfast that ate on the couch, watching random nothing on the TV, and trading funny stories with each other. It wasn't until they stopped laughing about Clint pouring the hot water into the coffee jar, that Y/N finally checked the time. 2:32 pm.

"Wait, so we've been sitting here for almost five hours?"

"Yep, thank god we don't have to go into work."

"I know right." Wanda agreed, "I've got training tomorrow. What about you?"

"Back in the lab. Tony wants to 'assess where I am', I hope he gives me some more work."

"Just don't overwork yourself."

"I'll try not to. Besides, I think he's' showing me the plans for my new lab tomorrow too."

"That'll be good. You looking forward to having your own space?"

"Sort of, it'll be weird not sharing, but all the main labs on the same floor anyway. Who you trainin' with?"

"Steve and Nat."

"So I guess that means a long bath afterwards then?"

"You never know maybe I'll be able to pin Nat this time."

"Or maybe you'll get your ass handed to you."

"Or maybe I'll get my ass handed to me, again."

"You know what? I believe in you, Wan."

"Thanks, Y/N/N."

#?#?#?#

"I don't see why we can't just set up somewhere else."

"It's not that easy."

"Not even some random apartment.

"No! As I said, already, it's more complicated now. The council is gone, with them the money."

"What about the whole 'cut of one head, two more will grow?' thing?"

"Still takes time for them to grow."

"I guess, I just don't get it. We had the asset."

"They were too loud, too stupid. That's why they failed."

"How do you know we won't?"

"We're better, now stop with all the fucking questions. You're taking the next watch."

#?#?#?#