𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

LOVEY DOVEY

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓Chapter Eight His Return ┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
Chapter Eight
His Return
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

❝I must be more like myself.❞

YOU WERE IN YOUR ROOM, brushing your hair while humming a song. It has been a few days since last you have seen Mk and his friends or engage in their adventures, but you still kept in touch with them, especially Mei.

She would call you to go shopping and hang out, sometimes you two would go to the arcade to play some games. What was surprising the most was also Redson calling you every now and then to check on you. It was unexpected of him to call you since you thought that he was a villain that was not to be associated with good or normal beings. Nevertheless, you were glad that he was trying to befriend you in his own way. Yet again, there was someone missing...

Macaque.

It has been a long time since last you saw him, you missed him so much. You also wanted to tell him everything that happened to you in the fight with the Spider Queen, "I wonder what is he doing right now?" You mumbled as you placed the brush down, proceeding to braid your hair. As you were busy styling your hair and thinking, you didn't notice your shadow growing in size and having a smirk on its face.

"Sup plums."

"Ah!"

You yelled and fell off the chair up hearing the familiar voice behind you. You turned to source of the sound and saw how you shadow looked different. You stared at it in shock before someone stepped out of the shadow, "Hey, sorry for the scare." Macaque said as he raised his hand up. Your eyes widen in surprise while tears rolled up your eyes. You stood up and ran to him, "Macaque!" You exclaimed and hugged him tightly, "I'm so glad to see you! I miss you so much!" You cried as Macaque hugged you back, letting out a low chuckle.

You two pulled away from the hug and he wiped your tears away, "Now, why are you crying? I came to see you and your pretty smile, bright eyes." He said with amusement. You used your arms to wipe your tears before smiling at him, "I'm sorry, I get very emotional sometimes." You stated, feeling happy that you got to see him again after days of disappearing. Macaque raised an eyebrow with a teasing smirk on his face, "Sometimes? Are you sure about this, plums?" He questioned which made you blush in embarrassment. You placed your hands on your cheeks to cover them, "Don't tease me!" You exclaimed which made Macaque laugh in delight.

The both of you sat down on the ground to talk more about what adventures did you two went through, "You should've seen it! The mech was so giant and people were screaming! And then there was those small spider bots taking control of them! But me, Mk, and his friends managed to stop the Spider Queen by going to the Celestial Realm and collecting three items to make antidotes for the venom! It was an epic fight." You explained while waving your arms around to imitate the fight. Macaque was just smiling at how childish you looked while telling him what you went through, but one thing ruined his mood.

"I even met the Monkey King too!"

Upon hearing the name of his rival, Macaque frowned and looked away while clenching his fists tightly. He didn't want you near that trickster or get involved into hid troubles like Mk. You stopped talking when you saw how Macaque's expressions changed, "Macaque, are you okay?" You asked while tilting your head to the side, looking a bit concerned about him. The dark furred monkey glanced back at you and sighed, "You shouldn't get involved with him, Y/N. He is not what he seems to be." He told you while keeping his frown on his face. You didn't understand what he was talking about, Monkey King was just... fine. He actually helped dealing with the Spider Queen and he is also your friend's mentor, why is Macaque so upset about the matter?

"What's the matter? He isn't bad, right?"

"Just stay away from him, that guy is a bad news. He would drag you with him until you become a part of his problem. Trust me, I know how it is to be close to the king."

Your eyes widen in utter disbelieve when you heard what he said, you never thought that Macaque actually knew Monkey King that much. Yet again you didn't want to pressure him with questions since he appeared to hate talking about him, "Okay, I will stay away from him if you want to." You agreed which in turn relieved the shadow demon for once. You then decided to change the subject to something else, "What about you, Macaque? Where did you go?" You asked as you slightly leaned forward in excitement. Macaque slightly flinched before scratching the back of his head, "Uh... Well, I didn't go to any interesting places. Oh, that reminds me." He said and then searched his clothes for something. He then pulled the item out of his pocket and handed it to you, it was a beautiful pink hairpin.

You squealed as you held the pin up, "Whoa! This is so beautiful, thank you so much!" You exclaimed and held the pin close to your chest, "But you didn't really have to bring me something

You squealed as you held the pin up, "Whoa! This is so beautiful, thank you so much!" You exclaimed and held the pin close to your chest, "But you didn't really have to bring me something." You added with a small pout, you didn't really want to bother him with bringing gifts to you. He chuckled and shook his head, "Nah, it's fine. Plus, you got me this new scarf, so I think it's fair to get you something." He said with a cheeky smile on his face. You smiled big then hugged him and he returned the hug.

Macaque was lying about buying you a gift because you got him a scarf. The pin just reminded him of you and he thought that it suits you a lot, all just to see one thing... Your beautiful smile.