Happily ever after

Bucky tries to go after you, but Clint stops him.

Clint: "give her some space. She just had to relive all of that. Give her a beat"

Bucky: "Get out" he says looking at Pierce.

Pierce shakes his head and leaves.

Nat: "Bucky...why didn't you tell us how bad it was?"

Bucky: "she didn't want you all to know. I told you. She was going to put on a mask. She doesn't want you to see it all. Well...didn't"

Bruce: "Hey James, I have an idea."

You get up to your room, and slam the door. You pace back and forth for a minute, and then just fall to the ground screaming. Repeatedly.

You hear a knock on your door.

Y/N: "Go away please"

Bruce opens the door, "hey...I'm sorry. Are you ok?"

Y/N: "Scream therapy. I can't tell if it's helping."

Bruce: "I don't want to push...but I'm worried about your side. Can I...um...can I take some scans?"

Y/N: "Do you have to?"

Bruce: "It would honestly make me feel better." He gives a sweet smile.

Y/N: "Shit, I'm sorry Bruce. Of course". He comes and helps you off the floor and walks you to the lab.

Downstairs, Steve and the girls are getting a plan together.

Steve: "It's gonna take an hour for you guys to get there so go now"

Bucky: "are you sure about this?"

Wanda: "Bucky...yes. You are going to do it anyways aren't you?"

Bucky: "of course but Clint said to give her space."

Steve: "Bucky, I think this is the perfect time. She needs something happy."

Bucky: "You're right. Ok girls go"

Y/N: "can I ask something Bruce?"

Bruce: "of course"

Y/N: "how do you do it?

Bruce: "Do what?"

Y/N: "stay calm....all the time. I'm just...I'm so angry."

Bruce: "I'm the wrong person to ask, Y/N."

Y/N: "No tricks?"

Bruce: "the trick my dear...is to stay mad"

—————————————————————————

You head back upstairs when Bruce is finished.

You find Bucky waiting in your room, dressed in his black jeans, black leather jacket, and a rose.

Bucky: "hi beautiful"

Y/N: "Wow....what's the occasion?" You smile.

Bucky: "Take a ride with me"

Y/N: "Oh Buck, i don't know. I'm tired"

Bucky: "Please?" He says flashing you his sweet goofy smile.

Y/N: "That's fucked James...you know I can't say no to that smile!" You say laughing. "I need to get changed"

Bucky: "No. come just like that." He says giving you a kiss. "You look perfect".

Y/N: "Hmmm lies...but ok" you smile and take his hand.

He takes you to the elevator.

Y/N: "Buck...why is everyone staring at me?"

Bucky: "No clue, cmon" he says, and helps you into the elevator. He looks back at Steve who is grinning from ear to ear. Bucky pushes the button, and you manage to catch a glance at Steve. He puts his finger to his lips again like he did before....

(Oh god. Is he?!!) your stomach does backflips, your heart is racing with excitement.

Bucky takes you down to the parking garage, and sits on the bike.

Bucky: "Let's go backpack!" He flashes his smile again.

You climb on, and wrap your arms around his waist, and he takes off.

He takes you back to the beach where you had your first real date.

Y/N: "Aw...James..."

Bucky: "Cmon" he grabs your hand and walks you down to the beach.

You have a repeat of your date. There's a beautiful picnic set up. But he takes you hiking through the rocks this time. Talking. Laughing. He tells you more stories of him and Steve back in the 40s. You also learn he has a fear of spiders.

He stops you every once in a while, looks you in your eyes..and kisses you.

He's nervous. Every time he stops you, it's like he wants to say it, but he can't find the courage to do it.

You know what he's doing, and you just want him to get on with it. You're too excited.

He hikes you guys to the stop of biggest rock, and puts his arms around you while you just listen to the waves, and watch the sun set.

Bucky: "Fuck it...I don't wanna wait anymore"

Y/N: "What?"

Bucky: "I know it's fast...But I love you"

You feel the tears form already.

Bucky: "you are smart, beautiful, caring, and so fucking strong"

Y/N: "James...."

Bucky: "I have never met anyone like you. In my 1000 years on this planet"

You can't help but laugh as you wipe away tears.

Bucky: "I spent what feels like an eternity looking for someone like you...when all I had to do was wait..and Tony brought you to me. I've done...terrible things in my life and I don't know how karma works but...I don't know that I deserve you."

Y/N: "James...."

Bucky: "But I can't argue with fate....you're here and I don't want to live without you. Y/N...." He gets down on one knee and pulls a box out of his pocket. "Marry me?"

Y/N: "Yes!"

He smiles and stands, picking you up and kissing you a long passionate kiss.

Fireworks start going off from the water.

Y/N: "Tony?"

Bucky: "That was my idea...but yes" he says laughing.

Y/N: "James Buchanan Barnes...I fucking love you"

*LANGUAGE* you hear from behind you. You turn and see Steve and Wanda, who is holding a camera. Sam, Tony and Scott are on the boat. Nat and Clint come from behind Wanda and Steve.

Nat: "We couldnt miss this! We never thought winter princess over there would find someone"

Bucky: "Wow really?"

Clint: "What? You..glare a lot. Just looks scary"

You laugh and turn back to Bucky.

Bucky: "To the end of the line"

Y/N: "always and forever"