Mr. Hubble

A clicking sound could be heard in the dark, a single flashlight shined brightly on a locked grey filing cabinet. The cabinet was popped open by pushing the loose button that was on the side of it. 

"Come on, I know there has to be something in here on this place. Anything." A female voice whispered to herself quietly enough so she wouldn't be heard. She scanned through the documented folders with her fingertips hoping to find the evidence she was desperately searching for. In the section for H, she pulled out the folder that was named "Hubble Chocolate Factory." 

Then there was a sudden noise that came from behind her. A loud bang came from the door across from the office she was in. In an instant she ducked down holding the folder, turning off the flashlight to hide herself from being spotted. The cabinet was closed slowly behind her as she crawled under the nearby desk to hide. There was silence as she sat afraid with her heart racing in her ears with the flashlight close. She clutched her uniform tightly, biting her bottom lip hard. The office door was opened, the hinges creaking as it was extended fully against the wall by a meaty, buff hand.  

"I know you are in here Mary. I know what you are thinking and if you just come out, I will explain everything to you. Why do you hide from me?" The man standing at the door said. 

Mary could feel terrifying chills run through her entire body hearing him speak. She tried to slow down her breathing to prevent him from noticing where she was hiding with adrenaline coursing through her. Her body slightly shook as she peaked out from behind the desk around the corner to get a view of him. There was nothing there in the doorway that remained open. This was a way out for her. In a slow motion she stood up, her eyes scanning the dark room waiting to see even just one ounce of movement. 

There was nothing and so it was her time to make a break for it. Mary looked out into the hallway that was empty, lights flickering on and off. There were a handful of emotions going through her mind right now and she wasn't sure if going down that hallway she would make it out of here alive. She took one glance down at the folder she held tightly in her hand and knew, somehow, she had to get this file into the right hands even if it costed her own life. 

And then the door to enter the factory portion opened. She stared in that direction and quickly searched for another place to hide. There was a small elevator shaft used for sending up chocolate samples and other food items to the offices on that floor. Mary quickly opened it, shoving herself into the elevator just barely fitting with her face pressed down against her knee's. She grabbed ahold of the rope and pulled in an attempt to send herself down to the lower levels of chocolate room A. 

"Come on, come on, come on! Work, please, work!" Mary shouted lowly to herself, struggling to get the elevator with her in it to go down. She twisted in frustration, banging the hand clutching the folder against the elevator walls. Then, the folder falls down from behind the elevator down into chocolate room A on the floor. 

"Damnit! How could I have been so stupid!?" She yelled.

"There you are." The same male voice hit her ears in shock as her eyes slowly turned to face in that voice's direction. In a sudden movement, a pair of arms came crashing into the small elevator to grab her. In the chaos, she screamed trying to defend herself against him by using her feet. She was pulled out of the elevator by her legs after he got a firm grip on them. 

Mary screamed, "No, let me go!! NO!". She was dragged all the way downstairs into chocolate making room B. He came to a stop right at the conveyor belt that ran the chocolate through into perfect bite sized drops. She was dropped and then yanked up by her arms in an aggressive manner pressed against the machinery. 

"Tell me you know nothing. Tell me...that you didn't see NOTHING!?" He raised his voice, screaming at Mary with such rage and the intent to hurt her if she didn't respond back. Mary began to cry, afraid for her life. She shook her head, sobbing.

"N-No, I didn't s-see anything. I-I know noth-nothing Mr. Hubble" Mary sniffled, continuing to have flowing tears down her face. 

"Who did you call me? You always call me Richard." He narrowed his eyes at her and knew right then she had seen something she was not supposed to. A new file with plans for a new chocolate factory in a different town. A town called Small Thread Ville. In that file goes into detail about his entire plans and who his new alias would become.

"I do not believe you." Mary's eyes widened as she was then pushed into a large barrel of churning cold milk chocolate. She surfaced to the top, completely covered in the milk chocolate barely able to see. 

"You will not ruin for me what others have already ruined for me in the past! I need to move to a whole other town and start a new factory of my own there. No one will know who I am, and I can start over Mary. A new place where people will not tell me what I can do with my factory, my workers and my chocolate! I will just slip away." 

Mary listened as she tried to cough out as much chocolate as she could possible. The chocolate barrel began to fill up rather fast with new melted chocolate flushing in. She swam around in the giant barrel in a panic with no way out for her. This was her end. 

"R-Richard!?" she yelled while gasping for air. 

"I am Mr. Hubble now." He watched as she struggled inside of the barrel. The chocolate continued to cause her to struggle to breathe until finally she died. 

Hubble took a long sigh before pressing the speaker.

"Can someone please come clean up this mess? And find my folder plans for the new factory!" He let go of the button, rather pissed off that he no longer knew where his plans were located for his new chocolate factory in Small Thread Ville.