Chapter-15: The Right Time.

Fate works in mysterious ways. You may try as you might but the only thing that will ever hold power against something as definite as destiny is your will to do so and your will is nothing but the reflection of your decision. When despising Mishti and wanting to make her life difficult, Meenakshi would've never thought that that same woman held something Meenakshi desired within her. Kuhu had tried everything to be the preferred daughter-in-law of the Rajvansh family but despite becoming the only daughter-in-law of the family, she wasn't preferred by any of them. She loved her children with all of her heart but they could never be only her children. Just like how she hated Mishti for everything she had to share with her during their childhood, she ended up sharing her womb with Mishti. Abhir chose family over love on every occasion but by the time he finally chose love, it was too late because the woman he loved had passed away. No one was able to determine the consequences of their actions and it is up to their children to clean the mess that has been left behind. Broken relations and pained hearts. Is there really a cure for it all?

Aditya sat silently on the sofa in the living room as he watched Maya put up their mother's photo on the wall. When Maya blocked everyday Meenakshi Dadi could have refused to put up the photo, he was proud of his sister's determination to find a place for their mother in this house. Aditya has always lacked the confidence with which his sister approached decisions in her life. Instead, he always chose to do things according to the situation like how he agreed to study computer science and web development as his father asked him to instead of pursuing his interest in painting because in that situation his father's decision felt like it was written on stone but later he grew sick of the course for it was too time-consuming and didn't allow him to find his peace as he did when painting.

Even when he decided that he wanted to learn painting in India and wanted to fix his father's family and their relationship, he could've done so with persistence and patience but instead, he acted on his impulse and chose to use his sister's sentiment and their promise to his advantage. He could not deny the fact that he was more like his grandmother in this aspect than anything else. His sister had always been better than him in every aspect and he loved everything about her which is why the only thing he ever wanted to change in her life was her hostility towards their family. He wants her to have the final piece of happiness in life that would make up for the loss they had to face, a happy and joint family. He wants her to have the world's worth of love, including his. And to do so if he had to put up with his grandmother's manipulating ways and his aunt's mocking words, he would do so with a smile on his face.

"How does it look?" Maya asks after putting up the photo on the wall. Aditya smiles at his sister and responds.

"Like it belongs there." Maya slowly gets down the stool she has been standing on while helping the photo up but the stool wobbles making her lose her grip over the wall and fall backwards. Fortunately, a pair of hands grabbed her before she could make contact with the ground and lift her up mid-air. Amish holds her sister up in his arms and slowly places her on her feet with worry in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He starts to check for any injuries with his breath held. He places his palm over her right cheek as he looks at her with concern. "Why do you have to put it up on your own? Ramu would've helped you, right? Where is Ramu? Ramu!" Ramu rushes to the living room with a dirty cloth in hand.

"Sir?" 

"How could you not help her with the photo?" Maya immediately places her hand over her brother's mouth, cutting him off.

"It's not a big deal. Ramu, you can go and do whatever you're doing." Amish pulls off her hand and shakes his head.

"Don't do anything dangerous again," Amish warns her with a frown. Maya smiles and pats him on the shoulder.