Chapter-17: Every plan of their own.

Rajvansh's house sparkles with all the lights arranged and beautiful flowers decorating the walls and the doors. It was all the work done by the event management company run by Kuhu. Kuhu, as she always does, goes overboard with the arrangments as she awaits the arrival of her husband, Kunal Rajvansh. Meenakshi Rajvansh, despite her turmoil regarding the opposing waves she is receiving from her granddaughter, couldn't help the excitement of Kunal's visit. After all that had happened in the past, Kunal kept himself busy and away from home and rarely found time to visit. Even now, he was only forced to come after knowing that Maya and Aditya returned to India. Kunal had always had a soft spot for Aditya for how much he had to suffer as a child and he had never seen Maya before so Meenakshi could safely assume that Kunal would stay for a while at least for the children. Meenakshi Rajvansh puts herself to work as a host. She warmly invites everyone in as Amish stays in his office locked in a meeting and Aditya soon becomes busy socializing with everyone. On the other hand, Maya sits in her room with the entire evening playing out in her head according to her plan as she waits for the right moment to go downstairs.

Akshay takes Varsha and Shourya along with him in his car to the party, and Ranav drives alone in his jeep as Abhimanyu has to stay at home for some important work. Until now Varsha had not met Maya and could not come up with words to explain her excitement. She had met Aditya in the meanwhile whenever she visited Rajvansh House and felt that the boy was really sweet, just like his mother. Kuhu might still have some bitter feelings towards the boy, but Varsha can only see a sweet grandson in him. She had packed all the gifts she wanted to give them and she had picked each one of them by herself with great care and after a lot of thought. Excitement bubbles in her as she also grows anxious with each passing minute as they approach the Rajvansh house. Everything she heard from Kuhu about Maya suggests that Maya is not entirely pleased with anyone in that house so she had no idea how Maya might receive her. She is even more nervous about Maya's first interaction with Kunal because if there is anyone Maya should respect, it is Kunal. Kunal is not only Maya's uncle but much more which is why Maya needs to love him just as much as he had loved her father. Varsha's fingers tensely play with the locket on her necklace as they enter the parking space for the party. Varsha gets down to find Ranav already standing at the entrance. She quickly makes her way to him as Shourya and Akshay follow behind.

"Why are you just standing here? You should've gone inside, Beta." Even though Varsha herself is hesitant to go inside, she has to be courteous to Ranav as she is the one who dragged him to a party he had no relation to. After all, he is a guest in their house and unfortunately, Abhimanyu couldn't make it and she felt weird leaving their guests alone at home while they enjoyed the party elsewhere. So, she decided since Ranav's age is close to Maya, Aditya and Akshay's age, it would be appropriate to let them interact a little and she felt that it would help Varsha in getting close to Maya.

"It would be too awkward if I just went inside. I only know Kuhu Aunty and no one else properly."

"I heard you met the children." Varsha heard from Kuhu how Ranav helped them with shopping along with Aditya and Maya.

"Children?" 

"Arey, Maya and Aditya. Who else? I know you are grown-ups but for me, you all are still children." Ranav couldn't help but smile at her sweet words.

"No wonder I am starting to fall for you, Aunty," Ranav says playfully and gets slapped on the arm by Varsha. They both engage in laughter as they walk in.

The party is held in the main hall where a centre circular podium has been built with rose pink drapes on the sides of it. Similarly, long drapes of colours baby pink and white were hanging from the ceiling, flowing along the pillars, blocking various entrances to the kitchen and other rooms in the house. Upon the main entrance, the crystal bead curtains that they had bought last week are dangling with lights reflecting on them and creating an ethereal look to them. There were many high tables placed just inside the hall where people stood engaged in their own conversations. It appears that the party has not started yet and Maya is nowhere to be seen. Ranav looks around again just to be sure that she isn't here. Akshay's searching eyes stop when he finally sees Amish and makes his way to greet Maya's older brother. He had only met the man once but Amish had left a strong impression as they found themselves relatable to each other as businessmen. Though Akshay is still under training, he finds his ideals reflected through Amish's plan for his projects.