𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

A/N: BIG CLIFFHANGER
We're getting to yet another point where there are going to be an extreme amount of cliffhangers because I can't write everything I want to in one big chapter. But I love these kinds of chapters, so you might get more than one update a week, depending on how busy I am.
*****
• 𝓜𝓪𝓮 •

After I was thoroughly cleaned up, I dried off and slipped into some yoga pants and a t-shirt before braiding my damp hair. Kite was supposedly getting a couple bags of blood and bringing it back, but he hadn't arrived yet.

When I opened the door to my room, Kite was raising his hand to knock. He stopped, looking down at me, his lips pulled down into a frown. His eyebrows were furrowed and he looked almost worried.

Noah stepped up behind me just as Luca stepped up behind Kite.

"My...father wants to see you," Kite said, lowering his hand. "We were stopped by a couple of his guards on the way down to get some bags of blood. They wouldn't let us pass."

I'm sure my frown matched his at that moment. Why would Titus want to see me? I hadn't done anything of note since being told to reign it in.

I looked behind him to Luca, and even he looked concerned.

'Seraph?' I reached out to him with my mind.

'Already here.' His response was clipped. Short. Angry.

I motioned for Kite to lead the way. I had no idea where we were going, but I assumed by the tone of Seraph's voice, nothing good was waiting there.

We went deeper into the castle, walking for what felt like forever until we turned a corner and I saw Seraph leaning against the wall outside of a large double door. He looked up as we neared, and if I hadn't known he wasn't angry at me, I would have stopped dead in my tracks.

Rage burned in his eyes, and his normally reddish-purple irises were pure red.

'A few things,' he thought. 'Number one, Titus has six guards who have the ability to hold powers if they touch you. He has one who has the ability to listen in on your thoughts if he can see you. Number two, whatever this prick has in mind isn't good, so you all need to be careful.'

Kite nodded. 'Once we enter through here, don't speak to any of us through thought. Everything we say to each other will be relayed back to my father. Everything of importance that you think of, even to yourself, will be relayed back to my father.'

Nerves curled uncomfortably in my stomach. I'd been nervous before, but their words only seemed to amplify it. I didn't know what we were walking into, but I suddenly wanted to turn and run the other way. Attempt to escape again, because something told me anything would be better than what I was going to be walking into.

I clenched my jaw.

'Do not fight the guards,' Kite added. 'And do not fight my father.'

I understood the underlying message in his words. If I fought the guards or Titus, I'd die. If any of us fought the guards or Titus, we would die.

I tried to hide the fear from my face as Kite pushed the door open, stepping inside before turning and holding the door for us. I entered between Seraph and Noah, Luca at my back.

It was a throne room. Ginormous and gaudy. People lined either side of the room, some of them obviously guards and others I couldn't be too sure about. They couldn't have just been random people, but I never took the time to learn everyone high up in ranking.