Grief of Lost, the Hope You Gain

Unknown amount of time later...

As consciousness stirred in the depths of darkness, a glimmer of awareness began to emerge, like a lone ember struggling to ignite. The world around remained shrouded in obscurity, its contours and colors hidden from view. The air was heavy with an oppressive silence, broken only by the soft rustle of unseen forces.

In the recesses of your mind, fragmented memories and sensations flickered, like fading stars in a vast expanse. You could still feel the remnants of pain, a bitter reminder of the harrowing battle that had left you defeated. You could feel the rain pouring down on you. Pelting you with small drops.

You groan as you try to get up. You ribs hurt and you coughed up some blood as you sat up. Your joint creaking with each slight movement. You tried to stand up but your arm was still raw, somehow you had regain motion of it even after the extreme break that monster did to you. As you slowly stand up you try to gain awareness of your surroundings.

As you slowly regained consciousness, the world around you gradually came into focus. You found yourself lying in the familiar forest behind your childhood home, its trees tall and comforting, their branches forming a protective canopy. Rain fell steadily, a soft and soothing symphony of droplets that nurtured the earth you knew so well.

This forest had been your sanctuary, your place of adventure and solace, throughout your life. The towering oaks and maples, their trunks thick with age, stood as silent witnesses to your growth. Moss-clad rocks and roots were like old friends, each one carrying memories of your youthful explorations.

The rain intensified, adding to the sense of nostalgia as it tapped gently on the leaves above. The scent of damp earth and familiar mossy terrain enveloped you, evoking a deep sense of belonging.

You starting walk down the familiar paths you would always plan on. Eventually you got to the fort you and Callum had made. He gone, you thought to yourself as tears formed in your eyes. The grief was not bearable for an 11 year old child. You look into the fort you pain stakelny built with him a cried as you remember the last time you were here with him.

Flashback

Callum had graduated from high school early, as well as finishing all his prerequisites for college. At the young age of 17 he had began to pack to go to America for medical school. He was going to become a heart surgeon to hopefully help save those who contracted a rare heart virus. The same one that had taken your father all those years ago.

Callum was struggling on how to tell y/n. Since your fathers death he had stepped up and tried his hardest to not only be a good brother but a good mentor for you. But how to tell you that he wasn't coming back for 4 years, he didn't know how you would take it.

Callum sighed at the thought, I guess I need to tell him he thought to himself. Callum would walk up the stairs to your room.

y/n pov

"Nine hundred Ninegty eight, Nine hundred Ninety nine, One Thous—"

knock knock

A knock on the door broke your consitrantion and had caused you to fall down. Those hand stand push-up certainly took a lot of focus to do. You sat up and grabbed the towel on the bed next to you. After wiping the sweat from your head you grabbed your water bottle and jugged it as you opened the door.

Callum was standing on the other side and had a solemn look on his face. "You ok Callum?" you asked him.

Callum: "y/n we need to talk" he said flatly coming into your room in sitting on your bed.

y/n: "Is this about the thing with those mobsters, I already apopligized, it happened months ago" you said as memories from the last time this happend came back to you. The scolding he gave you for breaking the window was not fun. That followed up with Mom's anger was enough to send a shiver down your spine