𝟎𝟑 Boost His Confidence

season one, episode four
( cobra kai never dies )

The next day, Maggie had been more than worried for Miguel

The next day, Maggie had been more than worried for Miguel. She contacted him last night asking if he was okay. He only replied with; Yes. Sure, that calmed her down but she was still worried about how his mom reacted to him being in Cobra Kai.

Maggie soon spotted the Cobra Kai poster she had from last night. It was on her vanity that had Eli's pictures all around her vanity and vanity mirrors. She clearly liked him a lot. She picked it up as soon as she finished getting ready for school.

She grabbed her backpack before she rushed past Kyler seeing he was in a mood from last night with Sam's dad. Maggie walked down the stairs to see her mom sitting on the sofa. "Hey, mom?" Maggie had begun to ask. Mallory placed her glass down and looked up at her daughter.

Mallory hummed giving Maggie the sign to continue. "I was wondering..." Maggie had unfolded the paper before she looked to her mom. "...if I could join this karate dojo?" asked Maggie as a flush crept up on her face. She had never felt more nervous than ever. The paper had slipped out her hand, it dropping onto the floor with Johnny Lawrence face up.

Mallory's brows snapped together as she reached to the floor to pick up the poster. Once Mallory picked up the poster, she read through it carefully. She saw the address on the poster and soon saw the dojo's name.

"I remember this dojo from when I was a little kid," Mallory's eyes widened. Mallory was just a little kid when Cobra Kai had lost the All Valley to Myagi-Do. She was only 6 years old when they lost the All Valley, seeing how exciting it was to be in a karate dojo and fighting to win the title for a whole year.

"It was so exciting seeing them fight at the All Valley," Mallory smiled and looked up to Maggie. "Is that why you showed me the video?" questioned Maggie. Mallory only seemed to smile. She left Maggie wondering why she showed her the video.

"So, you want to join Cobra Kai?" Mallory asked, Maggie nodded. "Yeah, my friend Miguel is taking the lessons," Maggie explained. She licked her lips and took a brief pause before she continued, "He wants me to take lessons with him if the dojo is still open..."

Mallory's eyebrows came together. She tilted her head, "What do you mean by if the dojo is still open?" Mallory asked, Maggie cleared her throat, "Miguel got into a..." Maggie had seen Kyler step down the stairs with their father. She noticed how fast Kyler turned his head to mention of Miguel's name.

Maggie stumbled with her words. She kept looking at Kyler who was shaking his head at her. She grinded on her teeth before she cleared her throat.

"...A accident!" Maggie came up with that as quickly as she ever did. She had no other excuse, if she told her mom about Kyler beating-slash-bullying her own friend, Kyler would never leave her alone after that.