𝟎𝟒 The Way of the Fist

season one, episode five
( counterbalance )

Suddenly, a few nights after Maggie and Eli had gone to the movies Miguel had texted her

Suddenly, a few nights after Maggie and Eli had gone to the movies Miguel had texted her. It was sudden, she had just heard the news from him about Cobra Kai being shut down and now it was back open.

She smiled in her bed. Going to sleep happily that night, Maggie couldn't wait to join the dojo. She would finally be able to stand up for herself and others that've been bullied by Kyler and his friends.

Maggie finally slept like a baby that night, not thinking of anything to worry about. She heard her phone go off a few times, probably thinking it was Eli asking when to hang out again, or Miguel asking when she was going to join Cobra Kai with him.

But thankfully it was the weekend, and the date had gone well since it was on a Wednesday, now it was finally the weekend where Maggie could go wherever she wanted. Damn, she could go out to East LA if she wanted to.

She woke up that weekend to find a text from a friend. She grabbed her phone and stood up examining the text. It was from Aisha asking if they wanted to stop by Cobra Kai to see if they could join. Maggie smiled at the text before she hearted it and typed in all caps: YES!!!!

After she sent it, Aisha replied: Pick you up in 5! Maggie smiled as she went to her bathroom doing everything she did daily, and she found a good outfit to go with Aisha.

She walked down the stairs, Kyler furrowing his brows wondering why Maggie looked like she was going to hang out.

"Where the fuck are you going?" Kyler asked as she reached the last step. She sighed before she turned her back to Kyler, who was upstairs looking down on her.

"I'm going to go hang out with my friends for the rest of the day," She explained as she pointed to her phone, it now buzzing hinting that Aisha was outside. Kyler rolled his eyes.

"If I can't go out, you can't." Kyler blurted out. "I wasn't the one who tried to... y'know with a girl in a movie theater!" She snapped, "So, you're lucky I didn't tell Mom or Dad," She shrugged before she walked away walking out the door.

Kyler scoffed, walking back up to his room. Maggie smiled as she saw Aisha sitting in her nice white car with a big smile on her face.

"Ready to get your karate on?" Aisha asked as Maggie opened the passenger's door. She nodded, "Heck yeah I am." She paused, clicking her seatbelt on. "I can finally get the revenge on anyone who's done me dirty before,"

Aisha laughed. She pulled out of the short driveway and asked Maggie to put in the directions to the dojo in her phone. Maggie agreed, typing in, 'Cobra Kai' and it was the first location to pop up.