Sad Beginnings; A New Home

It was a rainy and dark afternoon in the city of New York. The streets were busy as always as vehicles ran up and down the road. As the cars pass, it's cuts to a graveyard. At the graveyard, a boy was standing at the foot of two gravestones. This boy was Y/n L/n and the gravestones he was looking at was the ones of his parents.

As he stands there in the rain, starring down at the gravestones, an umbrella moves over above his head. Looking to his side, he sees his aunt Miki Hyoudou. She didn't need to speak words for him to know that she was sorry for him. The two of them stood there for a moment more before Miki spoke up.

Miki: I think it's time to go dear. The flight back home is in a couple hours.

Y/n, without saying words, looks at the gravestones one last time before turning his back and getting out of the umbrella, walking into the rain. As he walks in the soaking rain, he passes by his uncle, Goruo holding his own umbrella who also has a saddened expression. As Y/n walks past, Miki walks to her husband's side and intertwines her hands with his. The two don't exchange words as they look off to their nephew walking alone in the rain.

====================================

After taking some flights to Japan, the three family members make it to the city of Kuoh. After they take a taxi back to their home, Y/n stays quiet and takes a view of outside. As he looks on to the city, he notices that the city itself is not that different from NY, with only some minor differences being the size difference.

They soon past the city and make their way to the not so distant town of Kuoh. Passing by multiple shops and restaurants, they make their way to a nearby neighborhood. Once the taxi comes to a full stop, Goruo pays the driver and Miki and Y/n gather their things from the truck of the car.

As Y/n enters the house, he looks up the stairs to see his cousin Issei coming to him.

Issei: I-I'm sorry about your parents Y/n.

He doesn't say anything as he moves past Issei and heads upstairs to his new room. Issei looks back up with a sadden look on his face.

Goruo: Don't push yourself on him too much son. It's best you give him some space for now.

Walking up into his new room, Y/n finds it about the same size as his old one. Placing his luggage onto the bed, Y/n begins to unpack and takes his things out ranging from clothes, to comics, to video games, and action figures. As he's about done, he reaches for one last thing, a photo of him and his parents when he was younger.

He lets out a sad sigh as he looks at the picture. He places the picture on his bed side table and continues to unpack his things. Soon enough, he hears a knock at his bed room door and opens it to find Issei there dressed up.

Issei: Hey Cuz, I was wondering since it's the weekend and your new, I could show you around? You could probably find your own hangout spot even.

Y/n: ...

Issei: Er-Uh Sorry.

Y/n: Give me a minute.

Issei: Huh? Oh yeah sure!

As Y/n closes the door to put on some different clothes, Issei silently cheers behind the door. It opens as Y/n steps out with different clothes on.

 It opens as Y/n steps out with different clothes on