Chapter 4 - Misunderstanding (4)

“Killing time?” Killing time? The main PD, who had a break during the first preliminary round of ‘Super Actor,’ laughed absurdly in the corridor. The reason was simple.

She, with short hair, had just heard a shocking statement from Kang Woojin over the phone.

‘He said he acted that well… out of boredom? How high is his self-esteem?’

Given that it was done out of boredom, Kang Woojin’s performance a few hours ago was remarkably high-caliber. It was jaw-dropping. Woojin, who nonchalantly delivered such a performance, coolly left for home, and now he’s saying that it was just to kill time in his rather somber tone.

‘Certainly, He’s is not ordinary.’

Anyway, the main PD responded on the phone, maintaining a faint smile.

“Haha, Mr. Woojin. Saying it was just killing time. You’re quite candid, aren’t you?”

Soon, Kang Woojin’s firm and restrained voice could be heard from the other end of the phone.

“I can’t help it. That’s the truth. So you can forget about it.”

Forget? How could she forget? At this point, the main PD was certain.

‘Right. He really doesn’t care about what happened today. It feels like acting is just a hobby to him, nothing more, nothing less.’

A question followed.

‘But isn’t it natural for someone with that level of skill to want to become famous? He’s tall, and his looks were okay too.’

Why would he let such extraordinary acting skills go to waste? Her curiosity was piqued, but it seemed difficult to understand with common sense. At least in the main PD’s thoughts. Whatever the case, Kang Woojin refused to appear on ‘Super Actor’.

Quite a regrettable outcome for the main PD.

Though she wasn’t certain, she thought that if the show aired, the spotlight would be on Kang Woojin. But she couldn’t use the footage without his consent.

Therefore, the main PD, while letting out a regretful sigh, opened her mouth again.

“Killing time. Yes, I understand. But aren’t you really wasting an opportunity?”

“Not at all.”

Listening to his firm voice, it didn’t seem like he would change his mind at all.

“Okay. I understand. Then, I’ll discard your footage as appropriate.”

There was a brief silence afterward. About 5 seconds. Then, Woojin’s low voice came from the other end of the phone.

“But can I… uh. Can I have that one scene?”

“That one scene? Oh- your performance? It might be difficult to get the one taken with the main camera, but you can have the one for YouTube Shorts. It was filmed with a filming smartphone.”

“Ah-”

“The angle, feeling, and quality will obviously be different from the main camera, but it should be sufficient if it’s just for confirmation.”

“Okay. Please send it to me.”

“For your collection?”

“Well, something like that.”

Upon hearing his response, the main PD nodded her head as she brushed her short hair back.

“Got it. Then you just need to send me your number, and I’ll pass it on through a message.”