Chapter 140 - Counterattack (3)

Two hours later, in Korea. Suwon.

Inside the drama production center of KBC, where the team of ‘Freezing Love’ had established their base.

“The set check is complete!!”

“Lighting OK!!”

“We just need to tidy up the props here and we’re done!”

“We’re shooting in 15 minutes, hurry up!”

The preparations for shooting were nearly complete. The area around the set was densely packed with all kinds of equipment. Cameras set up in the front and at various angles, reflectors and lights, and many cables laid out like veins. The footsteps of dozens of staff bustling between them were busy.

Meanwhile,

“Ah, Writer Lee, please take a seat here.”

The PD, who was at the station with three monitors, seated Lee Wol-seon, who had just arrived, next to him. Soon, Lee Wol-seon, with a designer handbag on her lap, smiled faintly.

“It’s nice, the atmosphere here. Even though it’s been more than a dozen times, I still love the air here.”

“Hahaha. Is that so?”

“Yes. It feels like seeing the fiction I wrote become reality.”

Lee Wol-seon, murmuring this, looked around and chuckled lightly.

“By the way, we have many actors here already.”

It was planned to shoot scenes with Jung Jang-hwan, the male lead, and Kang Woojin, the ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’. Despite this, the actors who should have been waiting were already on set. The PD  provided the explanation.

“Well, it’s the first shoot. And they probably want to see it with their own eyes. It’s something both you and I have allowed.”

Lee Wol-seon, reminded of Kang Woojin, nodded as if she understood.

“It’s the scene with the ad-lib from the script reading day that got included. They must be curious.”

“And they are eager to see Woojin’s acting. It’s different from sitting down and reading like during the script reading and acting on set.”

At that moment.

-Swish.

A woman entered from behind the two who were conversing.

“Hello.”

Turning around, they saw the sign language expert who had attended the script reading. Writer Lee Wol-seon stood up and greeted her.

“You’re here? Thank you for coming to our first shoot.”

“Not at all. I wanted to come too. But-”

The sign language expert, noticing Kang Woojin sitting nonchalantly and quietly reading his script, asked cautiously.

“Kang Woojin seems… much calmer than I expected?”

Following her gaze, Lee Wol-seon also shifted her eyes and then laughed softly.

“Woojin is always like that. If I were to compare him to a season, he’d be winter.”

That was mostly a misconception. Inside, Kang Woojin was far from calm; in fact, his mind was boiling with excitement. Specifically, he was preoccupied with other thoughts.

‘‘Male Friend’ editing is finished, so the launch must be soon, right?’

He had heard from Choi Sung-gun just a few minutes ago that the editing for ‘Male Friend’ was finished. It felt like just yesterday he was almost having a heart attack during the kiss scene, and now the editing was already done. Well, it was a fitting amount of time, but to Kang Woojin, it seemed very fast.