Chapter 80 - Enhancement (1)

“Enhancing singing ability?”

Upon hearing the robotic female voice, Kang Woojin smirked.

“It can be enhanced?”

The results exceeded expectations. Honestly, Woojin had somewhat anticipated this situation, though he didn’t think it would be this pronounced.

The hint was the cigarettes.

Woojin had never tried a cigarette in his life. But after acquiring the void space, he experienced smoking for the first time during the early days with ‘Exorcism’ when playing as ‘Kim Ryu-jin’. What was interesting was the complete absence of any discomfort. Usually, a person trying cigarettes for the first time would have a 100% adverse reaction.

But Kang Woojin didn’t even cough.

In other words, it was clearly the power of the void space.

The character’s traits were transferred to Woojin’s body. That’s why, even while playing the role of ‘Lee Sang-man’, Woojin felt no strangeness towards cigarettes. Addiction? He wasn’t worried at all. He craved cigarettes while acting as ‘Lee Sang-man’, but the moment he finished the role and put ‘Lee Sang-man’ away, he didn’t think about smoking.

That’s when Kang Woojin had an idea. Wouldn’t singing be learned in the same way as smoking?

He didn’t expect to become a professional or anything. He just wanted to have singing skills suitable for the scene. Perhaps a verse or a full song. It was different from learning a language. While anyone can learn a language, singing required inherent talent and physical attributes.

However.

[“Preparing to enhance ‘singing ability’…”]

The void space was even enhancing his ‘singing ability’. Was it really providing him with singing skills just like it did with language?

“This void space is awesome! Wow, this is insane.”

Where was the limit of this bizarre void space ability? However, that wasn’t really important right now. Woojin just had to enjoy it.

Suddenly, he wondered,

“Oh, did I really need my singing skills enhanced?”

Kang Woojin laughed awkwardly. He was somewhat confident in his singing, but apparently, it was insignificant according to the void space. If he had singing skills equivalent to ‘Male Friend’s’ ‘Han In-ho’, then probably there wouldn’t have been any enhancement.

“If I had started filming without it, I would have been a laughingstock. Ugh, just thinking about it is embarrassing.”

At that moment,

[“…Preparation complete. Starting ‘singing ability’ enhancement.”]

After hearing the female robotic voice, a familiar vast gray enveloped Kang Woojin. After a brief emptiness, when Woojin opened his eyes again, he was in a different space.

‘Huh? This place feels different?’

It wasn’t like the place where he learned languages. Firstly, he wasn’t floating. And it wasn’t all gray. He was standing firmly in a dark space that extended endlessly.

Suddenly,

“Whoa.”

A line of white light appeared in the dark space. It ran from right in front of Woojin to the horizon. Something was approaching along that line. Musical notes. Shining silver notes. They smoothly moved along the white line, then suddenly sped up.