Part 18

Y/N Pov

I couldn't believe I was spending the night at Jungkook's place. It was both thrilling and nerve-wracking. After dinner, Jin oppa showed me to a guest room where I could sleep. It was a beautiful, elegantly decorated room, a stark contrast to the rest of the mansion's dark and mysterious atmosphere.

I settled in, changed into some comfy clothes, and decided to check my phone. I had a few messages from my concerned friends asking where I was and if I was okay. I replied to them, assuring them that I was fine and that I'd explain everything later.

Just as I was about to put my phone away, I received a message from Jungkook.

Jungkook: Nonna, you settled in comfortably?

I smiled and quickly typed a reply.

Me: Yes, I'm all settled in. Thanks for letting me stay tonight. :)

Jungkook: Anytime, Nonna. Sleep well. Goodnight.

Me: Goodnight, Jungkook.

Jungkook Pov

The day and night spent in the opulent guest room of my mansion had become both a blessing and a curse. Y/N, who lay there, was a picture of serenity, her memory of our shared past wiped clean as if by a cruel twist of fate. To her, I was nothing more than a fellow colleague at the university where she taught, alongside Jimin.

I watched her from the shadows, concealed by the veil of secrecy that shrouded my true identity. My life as a mafia leader existed in stark contrast to the world Y/N knew, and I was determined to keep it that way. The secrets I harbored, the darkness that clung to my every move—it was all far too perilous for her to be embroiled in.

Yet, I couldn't deny the consuming desire that gripped me whenever I was near her. Y/N was a beacon of light in my murky world, a reminder of the innocence and purity that had been stolen from me long ago. I longed to protect her, to shield her from the horrors that lurked in the shadows.

But I was also plagued by a darker, more selfish craving—a possessiveness that gnawed at me whenever someone else dared to get close to her. It was a maddening jealousy that clawed at my insides, a fear that she would slip away from me like a wisp of smoke.

One evening, as the moon cast a silvery glow across the mansion, I found myself outside her guest room. The magnetic pull of her presence was irresistible, and I watched as she sat at the desk, engrossed in her work. Her brow furrowed in concentration, and a single strand of hair fell across her face, casting a soft shadow over her features.

My heart ached with an intensity I couldn't contain. I yearned to reach out, to brush that errant strand of hair away from her face and confess everything—to reveal the truth about our shared past. But the fear of losing her, of pushing her away, held me captive.

As I continued to watch her, I knew that our connection was a fragile thread, one that I needed to tread carefully. The mysteries of our past remained veiled, and the secrets of my life as a mafia leader were locked away. All I could do was safeguard those secrets and protect her from the darkness that threatened to consume us both.

Y/N Pov

The nights in the luxurious guest room had become oddly comforting, yet shrouded in an unsettling mystery. Jungkook's presence in my life had evolved into something both familiar and enigmatic, and I couldn't help but feel an unspoken connection that defied explanation. His actions were cloaked in secrecy, his words heavy with unexpressed sentiment.

As I sat at the desk, immersed in my work, I couldn't ignore the sensation of his eyes on me, even from a distance. It was as though he played the role of a silent guardian, vigilantly watching over me. His warm smile and gentle gestures spoke of a deeper bond that eluded my understanding.