Chapter 5: Theo

The parties at Lorenzo's house are usually the same. A shit ton of alcohol, horny teenagers, disco music and the staff trying to prevent everyone from breaking anything.

To be honest, I don't love his parties, but attend every one of them. I refuse to leave Enzo alone, drunk, and missing his family.

Even though this isn't my scene, I know when he's hurting and ragers like these are usually the most prominent sign.

His mother died and his father has another family in America. Lorenzo has never met his younger siblings or his stepmother since his father has never brought them around their London property.

His father comes home once a month to check on his oldest son. Apart from that, he doesn't have anything to do with Lorenzo.

The story is sad, and I know that it hurts him to see his father take care of children how he never took care of him. Yet, he refuses to admit that it pains him.

Instead, he throws a party every Friday, eager to fill his house with people. Especially people that like him and take time to listen to him.

That's why I always spend the night after a party or any day he seems sad. The staff usually takes care of him, but they can't help him when he refuses to be helped.

This is the reason why he usually has a girl over everyday. He's lonely and they keep him company. It also helps that they themselves at him every chance they get.

Right now, he sits on the sofa, a lazy smirk on his face. Two girls, who look way too old to be here with a high schooler, are resting on him, laughing at something he is saying. They run their hands over his chest and thighs. He has a half empty liquor bottle in his hand.

I approach them, my expression unamused. "Leave." I grunt, pointing to the door. My expression makes it obvious that I am not playing.

The girls jump up, adjusting their short dresses in order to walk. They scatter towards the door without talking to anyone.

Enzo is pouting, rolling his eyes at the same time. "You totally ruined my game, Theo."

"They were overage anyways, Enzo. You're going to get in trouble." I say, not caring about his mad expression.

"If anyone's going to get in trouble it's them." He groans. "Now I have to choose someone from school, and you know I don't like to repeat."

"Too bad." I throw myself on the sofa, crossing my arms over my chest. "You probably won't remember the girl anyways."

He nods, his expression changing. "Do you think Brooklyn is coming tonight?"

Enzo always asks about Brooklyn and follows her around like a lost puppy, but has never had the guts to ask her out. He thinks he's not good enough for her. Right now, he isn't.

She's aware of his manwhore ways, and calls him disgusting any time he tells her about his encounters.

"I know she's coming." I say simply, not missing the way his eyes light up in reaction.

In the place we are sitting, we have a full view of who comes in and out. I enjoy this because I know who is here and who to stay away from.

I can admit I'm not a very social person, who when I see someone that I know is very talkative, I stay away in order to avoid having a conversation that I do not care for.

Right now, the house is full. The music is loud and I can see my classmates dance. Some better than others, some closer than others.

My ears thump with the rhythm, making an annoying ringing sound explode through my brain. I would request that they turn it down, but everyone is enjoying their time.