Chapter 6: Nora

Yesterday was weird. On one hand, I had a lot of fun with Felix, Brooklyn and Victoria at the party. We danced, we laughed, we smiled and then we had a sleepover at my house.

On the other hand, Theodore started slutshaming me for dancing with a friend. Now, I am no stranger to people slutshaming me since what happened at my last school, but it still wounded me a little.

I thought that this new school was going to be different, and it is for the most part. Yet, he is the only factor that I despise.

It is a chore to go to chemistry class since I have to sit next to him. It isn't even the nasty comments that get me. It's the way he looks at me with his nose in the air like I am a gum stuck to his show. But I refuse to be put down.

I let others abuse me in New York. They could say whatever they wanted and I would be quiet, a punching bag. People spread rumor after rumor about me, and I let them.

Although it is not the same situation, his words were hurtful, and I won't sit quietly this time around.

Despite this, the sleepover was super fun. We slept in my living room because my room didn't have space for the two air mattresses. I slept on an air mattress with Brooklyn and Felix slept with Victoria.

Sleeping is a generous word since we feel asleep at four and it is now seven and Felix is trying to wake up the two sleeping girls. He wakes up way too early, even if he only slept four hours.

He jumps up and down on the air mattress that Brooklyn is sleeping peacefully on. Her eyes are closed and she's hugging a pillow.

"Come on, Brooke!" Felix shouts, but she doesn't budge. He gives me a knowing glance and turns back to Brooklyn. "Oh my God! Lorenzo Astor. What are you doing here?"

To no surprise, she shoots up into a sitting position, her eyes trying to focus on us.She searches around the room, probably for Lorenzo. When she notices what Felix did, she grabs her pillow and starts whacking him with it.

"You asshole." She says in between hits. "I'm still tired."

Felix throws his hands up, trying to soften the blows of the pillow. "Nora said we could go to her pool and I want to swim." He says defensively.

Brooklyn drops the pillow and turns to me. "You have a pool?"

I nod, pointing to the huge glass doors that lead outside. "Yeah. It's in the backyard."

"But we didn't bring swimsuits." Brooklyn's face drops, a little sad.

"I can lend you and Vicky some of mine." I offer, knowing that I have a lot of extra swimsuits from when I went to the beach. "Daddy said he has some that might fit Felix."

Felix laughs at something that pops into his mind, then voices it. "Or we could go skinny dipping."

"No you will not." A harder voice than any teenager says while entering the room. Dad is clad in shorts and a t-shirt with some outdated designs on it. I have no doubt that this shirt has been in his possession since the early two thousands.

Felix pales and turns around. "Sorry, sir. I was only joking."

My dad glares at him and bursts out laughing. "Come on, Felix. I'm just messing with you."

The younger boy audibly sighs, shaking off any terror he had when he heard dad say that. "Thank God. I was scared that you would kick me out."

"I won't kick you out." Dad says. "But if I get word you did anything of that matter with Nora I'll kill you. I'm too good of a lawyer to get caught."

The paleness in Felix's face comes back. "I would never, sir. All we have is friendship."

Dad cocks an eyebrow and grins. "That's what I like to hear." His voice is playful again. "I'm barbecuing today, so do all of you eat meat?"