fifteen | teddy

Cory was laying on his back in his front lawn when Ophelia came to see him.

"We have a problem," she said.

"No, you have a problem. I have an idiot who keeps getting into one," Cory corrected, not even opening his eyes.

She sat down in the grass, ignoring what he had just said.

"I might've accidentally kissed Snape," she confessed.

Cory choked on his saliva, sitting up and coughing until Ophelia was rolling her eyes at him.

"Shit.." was all he said.

"Yes," Ophelia agreed, "shit indeed."

"So.. you like him, then?" Cory frowned.

"I mean," Ophelia threw her hands out in the air, "I don't know, maybe."

Cory smirked, "sounds like love to me."

She sighed as she fell back onto the grass, "ah, I don't know.. he makes my heart go fast."

And then they were quiet for some time.

"Ophelia," Cory said, "he's your Professor.."

"Not yet," she interrupted.

"Still," he said gently, "you're setting yourself up for heartbreak."

Ophelia licked her lips, "I know."

"Ophelia!"

She looked up and saw Teddy heading towards them, a big smile on his face.

Shit.

"What's he doing here?" She whispered.

"We started talking at Margot's, turns out he's a good laugh," Cory waved at him, "we're going to see a film."

"Oh.. great," Ophelia pulled her lips into a thin line.

She liked Teddy, he seemed like a decent guy, but the more she knew about him the more information her father could pry from her.

"Are you joining us?" Teddy sat down in front of them.

"Oh, no, I was just coming to talk to Cory."

"Isn't that what phones are for?" He smirked.

"You'd think, wouldn't you?" Ophelia scoffed, she was almost nineteen years old and her parents still dictated her contact with the outside world.

Teddy smiled and pulled out a joint from his cigarette packet, "are you sure you don't want to join us?"

Ophelia took a deep breath, thinking back to everything that's happened over the last couple of weeks and everything that was about to happen in the future; Midsummer at Malfoy Manor, going back to school.. facing Snape.

"Alright," she said and accepted the joint from Teddy.

𖠇

Cory had been right, Teddy was pretty cool. He had invited them home after the high had settled, since his mother was out of town, but Cory had declined. So Ophelia and Teddy were sitting out on his patio, deciding what to drink.

"Alright, I have half a bottle of tequila and a whole bottle of.. this green stuff," Teddy held up the options.

"I vote green stuff," Ophelia said and took the bottle from him.

"Bold move," he grinned.

"Thank you," she smiled and took a sip from the bottle.

"So," Teddy said.