six | shelter

"I can't believe she just brought him up like that," Ophelia said as she paced back and forth. "She makes me so.. so.. ugh!" She stomped her feet, she didn't know what to do with herself when she got this mad.

"Take it easy," Cory said. "She probably didn't mean it."

"Yeah, right," Ophelia huffed.

"So, what about this Snape dude?" Cory sat up from his laying spot on the grass.

"What about him?" Ophelia sat down next to him.

"What's his deal? Like, why is he over at your house right now having dinner with your family?"

"I don't fucking know," she said. "I swear, sometimes he just comes over to annoy me."

"Oh, I get it!" Cory laughed. "He's got a thing for you."

"What? He's like ten years older than me, what's wrong with you?" Ophelia answered with a disgusted sneer.

"What does your boyfriend think about another man trying to get with you?" Cory smirked.

"Ricky's not my boyfriend!" Ophelia snapped.

"Didn't you guys have sex?" Cory asked, seeming confused.

"So?" She sneered, "there were no strings attached."

"That's like the third guy since you got here, you can't keep playing them like that," Cory stated.

"I'm not playing them, you asshole," Ophelia sat up from her lying position on the grass. "I just recently got out of a relationship, okay?"

"I'm just saying that those guys liked you, how about you give them a heads up about not wanting something serious," Cory said as he threw a rock into the water.

"How about you mind your own fucking business," Ophelia glared at him under her lashes. The sentence seemed to have triggered something in him, as he went rigid and almost threw himself on top of her.

"Despite what you may think, those guys are my friends," he spat as he pinned her to the ground. "I won't let you string them along like they don't have feelings," he growled.

Ophelia's breath got caught in her throat. She was used to Cory's anger issues, but it still took her by surprise every time he got physical with her.

"Get off, Cory, or I might start to think that you're in love with me or something," she smirked.

Cory loosened his grip and rolled off her. "You're a pain in my ass, Ophelia Delisle," he shook his head and sighed.

"But you wouldn't have me any other way, now, would you," Ophelia smiled.

"Fuck you," Cory sneered.

"You're gonna have to get in line, babe," she winked.

Cory rolled his eyes, "let's just go to Margot."

"Yeah, let's," Ophelia sighed as she stood up, dusting some grass off her pants. "Who's Margot?"

𖠇

"Teddy?"

"Ophelia, hey! What are you doing here?" Teddy smiled as he gave her a hug. "Oh! And this is my girlfriend, Margot," he introduced the girl next to him.

"Hi, nice to meet you!" Margot said, a huge smile on her face.

Ophelia looked at her, eyes wide in shock. Margot could most definitely be the most gorgeous human being she had ever laid her eyes on.