Chapter 4: The Ant and the Boot

——————————🐍——————————

Loki was led through the halls of a flying base by several armed guards. He passed by a room that had a scientist named Bruce Banner, also known as The Hulk, inside. Loki looked at Bruce through the glass windows and smirked at him as he walked by.

...

Loki was placed in a large cylindrical container that had glass walls and looked to be incredibly sturdy.

Nick Fury walked over to a control panel. "In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass..." he pressed a button that opened up the floor underneath the container, revealing the sky. "...it's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Nick closed the hatch. "Ant. Boot."

Loki chuckled. "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury said.

"Oh I've heard." Loki turned and looked at one of the security cameras in the room. "A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I? You threaten my word with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Fury threatened.

Loki smirked. "Ooohh. It's burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power." He mocked. "And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury scoffed lightly and turned to exit the room. "Well let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something."

Once he left, Loki turned his gaze back to the security camera in the room.

...

Steve, Natasha, Bruce, Thor, (Y/n), and Maria were all in a room watching Loki through the camera and heard the conversation he and Fury had.

"He really grows on you doesn't he?" Bruce joked.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, (Y/n), what's his play?" Steve asked.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any known world." (Y/n) explained.

"He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor concluded.

"An army from outer space." Steve summed up.

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce realized.

Thor perked up at hearing Selvig's name. "Selvig?"

"He's an astrophysicist." Banner told him.

"He's a friend." Thor corrected.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Natasha said.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve pointed out.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy on him." Bruce insulted.