Chapter 11: Fighting the Chitauri

——————————🐍——————————

Shrieks we're heard from above and they all looked up to see more Chitauri and flying worms coming out of the portal.

"Call it Cap." Tony said.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out you turn it back or you turn it to ash." He instructed.

"Can you give me a lift?" Clint asked.

"Right. Better clench up Legolas." Tony grabbed Clint by the back of his suit and flew up into the air dropping him off on the roof.

"Thor, you gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You got the lightening. Light the bastards up."

Thor nodded and used his hammer to fly up in the air.

Steve looked to Natasha and (Y/n). "The two of you are with me. We keep the fighting here. And Hulk..."

Hulk grunted and looked at Steve.

"...smash."

Hulk grinned and jumped up onto one of the buildings, smashing any and all Chitauri that he could see.

Meanwhile, Thor flew up to the top of a building and raised his hammer to create large clouds that shot lightning down all around the building. Thor then used that lightening to blast the portal, electrocuting everything that came out of it.

...

"Stark, you got a lot of strays sniffing your tail." Clint warned, firing his arrows.

"I'm just trying to keep them off the streets." Tony replied.

"Well, they can't bank worth a damn. So find a tight corner." Clint suggested.

"I will roger that."

Tony took Clint's advice and started making tighter turns that the Chitauri couldn't follow, making them crash onto buildings.

"Nice call. What else you got?" Tony asked.

"Thor's taking on a squadron down on Sixth." Clint revealed.

Tony then became quite offended. "And he didn't invite me."

...

One of the Chitauri slammed Natasha down on the hood of a taxi and went to stab her, but she ducked while (Y/n) used her sword to slice its head off. Natasha grabbed the dead alien's blaster and shot two more aliens around them.

Steve came up to them as they panted and leaned against the hood of the car.

"Captain, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal." Natasha pointed out.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it." Steve said.

"Maybe it's not about guns."