Chapter 6: Cooperation

——————————🐍——————————

(Y/n) stormed back into the main room where the staff were working and started pacing back and forth, muttering to herself.

"That little...who does he think he is?...saying that..."

"I take it the interrogation didn't go very well?" A voice asked.

(Y/n) jumped a bit and saw Natasha staring at her with crossed arms.

"Uh...no...it-it didn't. I...couldn't get anything out of him...I'm sorry." (Y/n) said guiltily.

Natasha shook her head. "It's not your fault. Fury shouldn't have sent you to talk to him. You're too involved."

(Y/n) nodded at her, grateful that she wasn't mad at her for failing. "So...what do we do now?"

"I'm going to go talk to him. I think I'll be able to get something out of him." She answered.

(Y/n) looked at her a bit skeptically. "Are you sure? Loki's smarter than you might think. You think your one step ahead of him when he's actually five steps ahead of you."

Natasha nodded. "I'm sure. Any advice?"

(Y/n) looked down in thought. "Well...he loves to hear himself talk...a lot. And try to read between the lines of what he says. It'll seem like he's insulting you, but he tends to hide little comments about his plans in there because he thinks no one will figure it out. Hopefully that helps."

Natasha smiled. "It actually helps a lot. Thank you."

And with that, she turned to leave the room, but (Y/n) called out to her one last time.

"Hey...I know Loki has caused you a lot of trouble, but if we defeat him, could you please not kill him...?" She requested sheepishly. "I...I just..."

"You love him." Natasha finished.

(Y/n) shrugged. "I do..."

The Black Widow gave her a nod, acknowledging her request before turning and exciting the room.

...

Meanwhile, Thor was staring at a picture of Jane that Phil had pulled up on the screen.

"As soon as Loki took the Doctor, we moved Jane Foster. They've got an excellent observatory in Tromso. She was asked to consult there very suddenly yesterday. Handsome fee, private plane, very remote. She'll be safe." Phil promised.

"Thank you. It's no accident, Loki taking Erik Selvig. I dread what he plans for him once he's done. Erik is a good man." Thor said.

"He talks about you a lot. You changed his life." Phil revealed. "You changed everything around here."

"They were better as they were. We pretend on Asgard that we're more advanced, but we come here, battling like bilge snipe."

"Like what?"

"Bilge snipe. You know, huge scaly big antlers." Thor explained, raising his hands to his head to mimic antlers. "You don't have those?"