beginning or end

I fly on Tarani's back among the fluffy clouds.But the sky darkens when I see Dylan behind me on his dragon named Adarn.I can already feel the lightning running down my arms. He comes closer to me. He stops when there is only a few meters between us.This reminds me of the day I found out he betrayed me.Ever since that happened, we've been enemies.He was the reason for my pain. He is the reason for my mother's death. Even though he did so many evil things, I can't help but be a little happy every time I see him.After all, we were once friends.He gives me a mocking smile and says, "You're ready to die."I clench my fists and tell him "You know very well that this will not happen"We are going to have a dragon race. This is one of the dangerous challenges. I still don't understand why.But I'll find out soon enough.A few meters in front of us thunderbolt is the signal to start the match.Dylan pushes forward and so do I. We are trying to avoid all the obstacles in the way.Dylan throws a ball of fire at me. I narrowly dodge it. I return it by throwing a bolt of lightning at him that comes from my hands. I overtake Dylan with Tarani.Suddenly Tarani makes a sharp left turn. I don't expect it so I slide off Tarani's back.When I fall, I look at the hard ground below me, which is just waiting for me they will shatter and I will die.I look one last time at the black sky full of lightning. I see something else. Dylan didn't leave me behind but flies next to Tarani. What's going on? I accept death. I close my eyes and wait until i feel the hard ground below me.But that doesn't happen. I feel strong hands that grab my hips. They pull me close. I open my eyes again and see Dylan in front of me holding on to me.Why did he save me?