𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘌𝘓𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕

。・:*˚:✧。
INVISIBLE STRING
———— act one. gold rush
CHAPTER ELEVEN ─── by the wind we're intertwined
to listen to ➺ ocean eyes by billie eilish

 gold rushCHAPTER ELEVEN ─── by the wind we're intertwinedto listen to ➺ ocean eyes by billie eilish

but then it passed, as all things do.

— khaled hosseini, and the mountains echoed

THE NEXT DAY SEEMED BRIGHTER—A PROMISE FOR BETTER THINGS HUNG IN THE MORNING SONGS OF THE BIRDS. Josie woke up on the right side of her bed that morning. After a much-needed shower and a full night's rest, her brain was refreshingly rid of her previously dreadful thoughts.

She'd also been allowed breakfast—the only full meal she was allotted that day. She basked and enjoyed all of the positive effects a full stomach gave her.

For that reason, she couldn't help but embrace the little pep in her step as she hopped out of the Jeep. Josie had arrived at the Chateau just in time.

She observed as the boys marched down the steps of the Chateau's porch with the drone equipment in hand. John B and JJ carried the larger box, while Pope toted the smaller box. She offered a large grin as she made her way over to them, twirling her keys around her index finger. "Good morning, fishies!"

John B laughed and paused their journey toward the dock to let her catch up. He grinned as she approached, and she immediately moved in between him and JJ to grab the box. JJ watched, amused, as she struggled to lift the weight—despite not actually carrying most of it.

John B had texted the group chat, quite late the night before, that JJ had broken the wheel on of the boxes when they'd thrown it into the Twinkie after stealing it. Thus, rendering the rolling mechanic of the box completely useless.

So, naturally, the boys were stuck hauling the equipment down the dock.

"Looks like someone had her coffee this morning." John B's statement earned a chuckle from Josie, which turned to a groan once the boys resumed the walk toward the end of the dock. She was extremely surprised by how heavy the drone equipment actually was.

"Just feeling much better today." Josie confidently smiled at her favorite boy, who replied with a genuine one of his own.

"Good, missed you yesterday."

Josie had to refrain from audibly cooing at JJ's sentiment, in spite of Pope's very loud fake-gag. John B cackled at their friend's teasing, and Josie eagerly tried to hide the blush that crawled up the skin of her neck. But, from the smirk that crossed John B's face, it was clear he'd already spotted it.

They made their way toward the end of the dock, Josie's struggle to lift not going unnoticed by all three boys. When they finally made it to the end and sat the containers down, Josie heaved out an exhausted breath.