𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘓𝘝𝘌

。・:*˚:✧。
INVISIBLE STRING
———— act one. gold rush
CHAPTER TWELVE  ─── to live is to be brave
to listen to bad taste by the never ending fall

 gold rushCHAPTER TWELVE  ─── to live is to be braveto listen to ➺ bad taste by the never ending fall

he felt warm and familiar. he felt solid and safe. i wanted cling to his shirt, bury my face into the warm curve of his neck, and never let go.

— becca fitzpatrick, crescendo

THE NEXT MORNING, THERE WAS AN AIR OF EXCITEMENT DRIFTING BETWEEN THE POGUES. They woke up bright and early, the weather looking promising, and reared to gather up the drone gear and get out on the water. As soon as they could, they headed toward Heyward's, convinced Pope's dad to let them take the boat out, and set a course for the Merchant coordinates.

Josie kept JJ company at the helm as she made herself comfortable. She conversed with Kie through the open window of the cockpit, laughing as their joy lingered through their conversation. The sway of the waves eased any concerns she had about what they would do if the Royal Merchant wasn't there.

And vice versa, what they would do if it was there.

"Alright, JJ. Pin it here," John B called once they'd gone out far enough. They rested a few miles out from the shoreline, only a short distance away from the continental drop.

"Roger that! X marks the spot, JJ confirmed, turning the wheel around to steady their position. Josie moved outside toward the drone setup, grabbing one of the two tablets that displayed the drone's position.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen, Operation Gold Rush is a-go. To going full kook." John B released the drone to slowly drop into the water, and everyone shuffled to their designated stations.

Josie and John B had mapped out the plan as much as possible that morning, making sure everyone was well aware of what tasks they needed to be on top of. Their plan needed to go off without a hitch, and everyone needed to be focused on what they were assigned to do.

Kiara took over sending down the drone, John B and Pope manned the drone's console, and Josie and JJ took hold in the cockpit for boat control.

"Alright, Jose, we're right over it!" John B called back toward her, and Josie looked down at the beeping tablet in her hands.

"Okay, JayJ, an easy ten seconds northwest.," she relayed, staring at the boat on her screen.

"Got it! Ten seconds northwest." JJ's communication was a vital part of their established roles. Josie had made sure that JJ understood to verbally confirm when he'd heard her statements. That way, there was no uncertainty or confusion about what needed to be done.