ao3 orch fic preview

I HOPE THIS MAKES UP FOR THE LACK OF WRITING 😢😢 IM SO SORRY

HERE'S CHAPTER 3 OF THE ORCHESTRA FIC ON MY AO3 ACC (@/lattepol4nski) TO MAKE UP FOR IT😣

chocolate bar sat down with a grin. he had a list down in front of him of all of his students and what instrument they play, or claimed to play, and was reading over it while students poured into the room. taking attendance was the bane of his existence, but he could get fired if he didn't.

    on the side of the room farthest to the door, headset, tol, chalky, and broomer sat together. broomer sat scrolling on his phone and held a hand tightly against chalky, who was asleep on his shoulder. sitting next to the pair were headset and tol discussing releases on games and
scheduling a game night. four present.
    around the middle of the room, latte, smartie, and click were standing around while nail zipped in circles around them. click stood, chirping things here and there to the younger boy stumbling and skittering around him while draping an arm around smartie's shoulder. clearly distracted, smartie and latte stared at their phone while holding hands. eight present.

    mango and poison were in a heated discussion; chipperz or high fructose corn syrup. gumball machine stood nervously to the side, adjusting the baby pink straps on her dress. sharkbearberry was on the opposing side, attempting, and failing, to restrain mango by his waist as he struggled and lurched toward poison every chance he got. twelve present, and chocolate bar might have to stop taking attendance and step in soon.

    moonstone was off in her own world. she was sitting down a couple feet away from all of the other students with headphones clamped on her head, which was strange because she was rarely alone. chocolate bar was about to mark her here and count thirteen, but diary sauntered into the room and moonstone sped over to her. he marked down fourteen, missing the warm hug and cheek kiss diary recieved.

    feather had walked in as he was erasing absences, which was albeit a weird way to do attendance, and whacked poison in the back of the head with her hand. poison turned and barked a frustrated complaint, to which mango snickered and made a comment. that earned him another scolding session and then the three of them all began to shout at each other.
    chocolate bar marked fifteen and then began observing the scene, raising himself up off of his stool. sharkbearberry had to completely wrap his arms around mango, who was trying to step forward and angrily pointed at the other student. feather stood with her hands on her hips while poison spat in her face and made multiple remarks back to mango and sharkbearberry which only angered him more.
    "um..." gumball machine croaked, "guys? chocolate bar is-"
    chocolate bar stood in front of them, crossing his arms. "you three, separate. now."
    the room was dead silent. tol had stopped snoring against the wall and chalky was awake, observing the conflict with broomer's chin pressed against his head. click stood behind smartie, keeping a hand pressed onto nail's shoulder. smartie remained interlocking his fingers with latte, who had been recording for a majority of the argument.
    sharkbearberry yanked mango away toward the rental instruments in the far corner of the room, scowling. an arm still remained around mango's waist as the other boy spat a complaint at him. gumball machine and poison spoke to each other quietly, both of them fairly embarrassed. the girls maneuvered to the guitars, basses, and cellos. feather rolled her eyes, groaned an okay, and then waltzed over to broomer to strike a conversation.
    english muffin walked in and was talking to smartie. cracker was sitting in the opposite corner of the room atop a timbobulous stack of chairs with his airpods in. muffin was sitting on her own near the door, holding what looked to be her viola case. clay had made his way into the room and was seated on the other side of broomer. chocolate bar counted nineteen right as the bell rang.
    "everyone!" chocolate bar shouted, "gather around, there are a couple things you lot need to know."
    everyone began shuffling toward the piano in silence until someone approached the classroom, rapidly moving through the doorway. "a-am i late?"
    "MICRO!"
    chalky's shout rang throughout the room as he threw down his violin case, rushed past everyone, and glomped the new arrival.
    "woah, guys," chocolate bar turned sternly, "are you from-"
    chalky was helping the boy up. he had a mullet and bangs, like tol's but neater, and ash grey overalls matching with a brown short sleeve shirt. a small microphone pin was pressed on the front pocket. "this is micro!! he's... um, what are you playing this year?"
    "bass! and uh- hold on-"
    micro faced chocolate bar with a respectful grin. "i didn't mean to miss yesterday, i got hit by a bus on the way to school. i play the double bass, please don't mark me tardy."
    chocolate bar bit down on his inner cheek. he swore he wasn't biased on his primary instrument, but... "...fine. alright, find somewhere around the room in a circle, you two, and hands off."
    the teacher made his way to the piano, and pointed to various places around the room while speaking. "alright, students. i would like you all to get into a line by instrument. i want it to go violins here, violists here, cellists here, guitarists here, and bassists here. chop chop."

while everyone got time to arrange themselves, chocolate bar stared down at his roster.
    "hm. alright, violins. i'll be arranging sections based on your experience. after our first concert and playing test, i'll shuffle it up if i need to. once i point at you, tell me how long you're playing for. got that?"
    "three years!" chalky chirped.
    "i'm new to this." gumball machine smiled.
    "two years, maybe a half more?" diary spoke.
    "...i'm also new." moonstone mumbled.
    "i have like... three months?" feather projected.
    "a year!" nail grinned.
    "four years." latte said.
    "um... like, also a year?" tol blinked.
    chocolate bar marked everyone down for that, and then pointed at meticulously placed chairs on the far side of the room.
    "in the front row, feather and diary. you two are first violins. middle row is latte, first, and nail, and moonstone, seconds. share that stand in between you two, and moonstone can have her own. back row is chalky, first, and gumball machine, and tol, seconds."
    moonstone and diary frowned at each other because they were separated, and chalky frowned because he was in the back. the violinists made their way to their seats holding their instruments, and chocolate bar turned to the violists.
    chocolate bar continued to point at chairs in the middle of the room, quite far from the violinists. "front row is poison and mango, middle row is english muffin, and back row is smartie and muffin."
    mango strutted over to his chair, quickly smooching sharkbearberry on the cheek, and sat down. poison rolled her eyes at that and turned to see her extremely enthusiastic girlfriend waving and grinning at her. her heart swelled. mango rolled his eyes and nudged her, and they exchanged glances that could shatter glass. smartie, muffin, and english muffin just walked by like this was normal. it was.
    nearing the side of the room the cellos, basses, and guitars were, chocolate bar aimed his finger at seat after seat. "cellists, pay attention. sharkbearberry, was it? sit in the front. behind you will go broomer and click."
    broomer skipped up to his seat and smiled at chalky, who smiled back even bigger. click sat down and looked at smartie next to him. grinning, click poked him and he flushed just a little bit. sharkbearberry sat next to mango and when mango turned to kick sharkbearberry in the shins playfully, he rolled his eyes and snuck in a small peck on the cheek to maybe calm mango down.
    "guitarists," chocolate bar called, "sit over here. cracker in the front, headset in the middle. next to them on the very end will go the basses, clay and... uh, micro? yeah, micro. those two open seats over there, you can pick."
    cracker immediately threw himself into his seat, and so did headset. clay just regularly made his way to the chair, and micro stumbled to the back.
    soon, everyone was seated.