𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐✨️

[ Mihika's Background and Pov]                                 

  𝙼𝚒𝚑𝚒𝚔𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅-

I was walking down the aisle in a beautiful White saree with red border , ornaments shinning under the sun and to steal the show was my mehendi.

I was looking the perfect Bengali Bride.

[Her outfit]

The wedding setup was gorgeous, the mandap was right in the middle surrounded by water which had floating Diya's and rose petals. And as I was about to do the BORMALA ( Garland Exchange ritual), it started raining and......

.

.
.
.

and........

.

.

.

and ...my groom ran away. I was helpless and started crying, who won't ? After being alone for past 22 years when all my friends were dating & I was waiting for the right one and now he ran away...*sniff*

I saw my mom shaking me and yelling at me '𝘑𝘢𝘨𝘰!!!!!!'  '𝘐𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘩𝘺𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘺𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘦'

(Translation- Wake up!!!!. Its already late)

My eyes shot open and I saw dots, not the one you see before fainting, but the one which connect and give you the answer to all the question,

SO, I was peacefully dreaming about getting married, It started raining which was btw the same water thrown on me and my cute racoon soft toy, and my mother yelling at me for getting late  in her dictionary which means 3 mins past 7.30 am......cause somehow my sweet mother thinks that even if you had a flight at 10pm , you landed at 2 reached at 3 and slept at 4, STILL!!!! , sleeping past 7.30 will lead me to failure. 

I take a deep breath and say, '𝘔𝘢, tell me,𝘛𝘶𝘮𝘪 𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘣𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘰 𝘯𝘢?'

( Ma, tell me, Don't you love me?)

'𝘊𝘶𝘱𝘢 𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘢' ( Shut Up), she answered ,' I do love you but its your friends Haldi today, go get ready and help in decorations. Go Quickly , I'll change the mattress'

And I was left with no option , sighing I went to get ready. After putting some concealer, so that I don't look just like my racoon and lipstick I headed to the venue. It was Ayusha Di's wedding , we were neighbors , 3 of us , Me , Ayusha Di and my bestfriend  Saanvi Iyer.
        Ayusha Di is 5 years elder to us . When we were kids she used to take care of us and play with. 5 years ago she left Kolkata and went to London for PG when we were 17. 

Unfortunately a year later when me and sanu (saanvi) turned 18 , sanu was married of by her parents. We lost contact for almost a year, I tried contacting , asked her parents who I never liked cause they always hated her for being a girl , but no response.