1) Sixteen and Doomed

I'm not going to lie. Having Luna wasn't on purpose, but that doesn't matter. I got my babygirl, and I could not be happier. Because life was finally everything I wished for and more. In fact, I think a lot of people feel that way.

Newt and Sonya have the chance to be inseparable siblings, and they definitely took it. Newt and Thomas also ended up together which I feel like I should have seen coming. Then again I was kind of distracted by the whole becoming a monster who's doomed to die, Minho is still trapped in WICKED, and my new best friend is becoming a Crank thing. That used to be pretty average stuff for us though.

A more unlikely pair was Brenda and Gally. Then again they are both definitely fiery. It took Jorge a good minute, or two, or thousand, to actually like Gally, but it happened. Especially, when they had a little boy named Blaise. A fierce name for a fierce kid.

Sonya ended up marrying someone named Mathew. He's a jokester, and it was also unexpected. He has been a real flirt at first, but we quickly realized that was his way of making friends. He met her and cut that out entirely. They had a little boy named Hayden. Apparently, that was the name of his best friend who died in the city.

Harriet is living a life that just involves doing whatever she wants whenever she wants. We expected it to stay that way since she wasn't fond of someone being around in such a permanent way and living a tradition life. Then, someone named Caleb made it here from the Scorch. They ended up with a little girl named Rachel.

Finally, there's Minho. A girl named Madison ended up here with her friends, and they are both sarcastic, stubborn, and hard to read. It was practically destined to happen. They had a girl they named Mia because they wanted to pass on the m name tradition.

Frypan actually ended up being on his own, spending his days cooking for everyone and just being every kid's favorite uncle. Because we all deserved to refer to each other as family.

Surprisingly, despite being so different, they all ended up being best friends. Luna is like the mom of the group. She's always ready to help someone and a lot of the time seems to live in her own world. She picks up on things easily and is perfectly content being with her small group.

Even better she was born without a mark. She didn't get sick easily, she wasn't quick to anger, and her eyes were always a bright blue, thanks to Aris. Everything was perfect.

Of course, we don't tell them all that's happened. All they know about WICKED is that they're evil. Absolutely nobody is allowed to talk about Aris's or Thomas's connection to it. They don't know about Newt's Crank run in or what I was. They know that the Flare is something that will turn you into a monster, and that the Safe Haven is our only paradise. That's all.

Today my little girl turns 16 which is a big deal. Celebrations are something you take when you can get. Plus, none of us have ever had a chance for a birthday so we go big for them.

Now she was fast asleep as we frantically ran around the hut.

"I think Gally and Brenda should be here first which means Blaise is here first which means we have one of the most chaotic ones before anyone else,"I pointed out, standing on my titpoes to hang up the handmade streamers.

"At least it's not Minho and Madison. Mia is physically incapable of being quiet."

"No, but she's still a sweetheart and helpful."

"You say that about everyone here,"Aris responded, signing the card.

"It's true,"I defended.

"Even when Hayden convinced every kid to go into the ocean in the dead of winter?"