5) Right Or Wrong

After a while of silence everyone returned one by one. Only when we were all there did the unavoidable argument start.

"I don't know why you thought you could ignore what we said-"
"Because we care about Luna. That's why,"Blaise interrupted.

"You've done enough. Don't snap at your dad,"Brenda demanded.

"And you. We don't ask for much Mia. All we wanted was for you to listen this one time, and you do the exact opposite. You hop on in the car and hide right next to us,"Minho scolded.

"How terrible of me for wanting to help,"She deadpanned.

"I thought you were better than this Rachel. If we say no wouldn't it be for your own safety? To make sure you're okay? So you don't have to go through absolute hell?"Caleb pointed out, doing everything he could to keep his cool.

"And Hayden, the irresponsibility of you to just-"
"Just tell us what's wrong with Luna. What is so terrible that we couldn't be there? You all think we don't notice things about you guys, but we do, and we knew something was wrong even before Y/N started talking. We know there's something off about almost everyone at the Safe Haven already, and we never asked because it wasn't our business. Now there's something with Luna though so we're making it out of business. Please just tell us anything at all so we know how to be useful,"He begged.

The silence that filled the air was practically echoing. Taking in that even the kids knew there was something that had happened to make use different along with how familiar his speech was almost sent chills up my spine. Their bravery and willingness to do anything to save the people they care about is almost a copy and paste. We all know how that ends though.

"We don't have a choice. We don't have time to turn around. We've seen it with our own eyes,"Newt spoke up, looking at the old group. "We saw her eyes bleed and the way she woke up paralyzed. We heard her scream and saw the rage, and it came before we could even blink. Every second counts,"He pointed out.

"I just-this wasn't how it was supposed to happen. None of this was supposed to happen again,"Brenda scowled.

"Well it is, and it's happening now. So I think it's time they know."

"No,"Aris and Thomas quickly disagreed, their eyes wide with horror.

"Not that far back. That stays with us,"I firmly promised, using my free hand to take his. Without a word he intertwined our fingers and squeezed. Doing the same back, I pretended I couldn't feel the guilt that was practically radiating off of him. It did nothing to help the suffocating feeling in the car, but emotions were tense. There was no right or wrong thing anymore about this. Just a dangerous decision or another dearly decision. Just keeping the pasts where it belongs or dealing with it all again.

You already are.

Yes. I guess so. From the way our daughter laid in my arms passed out, it was obvious that pattern was never ending.

"How far back?"Harriet mumbled.

"All we need to do is explain what will happen,"Minho sighed.

"But-"
"You're lucky you're not six feel under Blaise. Don't push it,"Gally demanded. With a huff he did as he was told.

"When we drive we're going to come to a tunnel. It's most likely going to have Cranks in it. That means we drive straight through them,"Newt started.