The beginning

Ksenia Solo (Kenzi Malikov)
Actress From "Lost Girl"

As

Rosya Roth

I sat with my feet on the dining table, smoking a cigarette

I sat with my feet on the dining table, smoking a cigarette. Rachel walked in and grabbed the milk. She scoffed, "No milk, again." She sighed and closed the refrigerator. She sat down at the table. "Yeah, I could've told you that," I said sarcastically. At that moment Mom came into the kitchen with a tired face. "Good morning, girls, sorry there's no milk Rachel. When I get off of work, I'll stop by the store." She said before sighing. "Rachel, you're going to have to ride to school with your sister today, I'm about to be late for work and I can't-" "Mom it's fine, you don't have to work so hard," Ray said before slumping her backpack. "Let's go, Rach, bye mom. Love you." I said kissing her on the cheek. "Love you too, my baby girls." She said as she watched us walk out the door.

I turned up the radio as I got into my truck. What is a Juggalo? by Insane Clown Posse, was blasting on the way to our High school. Where I am a semi-normal Senior and Rachel is a Junior. I have a boyfriend, Kevin, I like him, he's pretty cool.

I parked in the parking lot. "You know the drill, if someone messes with you—" "Come get you, I know, I know," Rachel said rolling her eyes. "Keep rolling your eyes and you'll look like that forever." I said with a laugh, "Don't say that Rose." She said slapping my arm as we walked towards the front doors of the school. "Why not, you scared? Ooo, my eyes are rolled back Rach come save me!" I said rolling my eyes back with a grin. She laughed and walked to her locker. I walked to mine where Kevin was, him and his baggy jeans and all of his glory.

"Hey baby," He said snagging a kiss from me. "Hey, Kev," I replied looking into his eyes. I grabbed my stuff from my locker and that's how the worst day of my life started. With school, everyone own personal hell.

After the day ended Kevin, road with me and Rachel back to our place. It's Friday and he always comes back to my house. We held hands and Rachel went to unlock the door, but it was already open. "What the fuck?" I said pushing the door open and running inside. "Mom? What's with the door?" I asked and she came from the hallway. "I love you girls so much, and I no matter what you girls are my kids." She said and I heard two Gunshots. One in my mother's head, and the other in my beloved Kevin's head. "NO!" I screamed, "MOM!" Rachel said and going to run over to her until a man came from behind her. "Kids this is not your mother." He said and another said from behind us, "And Rosyn, that boy did not love you. You need a real man." The other placed his hand on my shoulder. Rachel began to scream so loud and so high-pitched it shattered anything glass. She threw herself and the man, while I grabbed the other man by the throat. Something black, and dangerous came out of my mouth as I screamed. I snapped his neck and his body hit the floor with a loud thud. Rachel came out with this look on her face. "We need to go, Rachel, pack your shit!" I yelled and quickly ran to my room shoving anything that could fit into my bag. Clothes, frames, and my handgun I kept for protection. I put that in my waistband.

I ran to Rachel's room and I saw she was crying. "Rach, Rachel, we have to go," I said wrapping my arms around her. She started to sob and tremble in my arms. "Rachel, you— You're going to me start crying, please. We gotta talk to circus boy." I said choking back tears. "But, Mom—" "We can't save her, but we have to go," I said pulling her up, she was still clinging to me.

We ran to my truck and got in. We drove to the nearest food place, in silence, except for the occasional sob from Rachel. When we made it to a nearby soup kitchen. As we ate a woman approached us. "Hello, my name is Sally." She said handing us a card. "I try to help get young girls, such as yourselves, off the streets. And if you would like, I could offer you a home." She said and I glared at the woman. "Thanks but I am fully capable of protecting my sister," I said coldly as I grabbed my sister to dump our trays. The woman followed, "I have no doubt you can do that, but if you need help, I can put you both in a comfy shelter so you won't be on the streets. Keep the card." She said and after what happened today. I don't trust anyone but my sister.

I grabbed my sister's arm and dragged her out. But she began to yell at me when we got into my truck."What's wrong with you?! She was just trying to help!" She yelled at me and I looked at her like she was crazy. "I don't trust anyone but you! I don't trust her, you shouldn't either! Especially after what happened today!" I yelled back and she scoffed. "Rachel, it's dangerous to trust a complete stranger. To feed you, to clothe you, to make sure you're good! I can do that! So let's go Rach, let's go talk to Detective Dick Grayson." I said and she nodded. "I love you, okay? I don't know who I'd be without you. You matter so much to me." I said squeezing her hand and then starting the truck.

"I love you too Rose."

Episode one—Pilot

Word count: 994