Fire God Liu Kang

The steadfast Protector and Earthrealm and Keeper of Time, Liu Kang watches over the realms, stepping in when needed to keep the balance

Current timeline story

Having finally defeated his longtime rival Shang Tsung, Liu Kang was free to craft his new era, changing the fates of characters such as Johnny Cage, Kung Lao and Scorpion.

Liu Kang had a particular interest in a young now mortal Raiden, recruiting Him, Kung Lao, a financially struggling Johnny Cage and Brash swordsman Kenshi Takahashi, After watching Raiden win the annual tournament for Earthrealm, Liu returns to his base, the fire temple.

It was here Liu Kang was visited by his closest friend and protector of the hourglass, Geras. Geras informs him that someone is interfering with his timeline. Shang Tsung and Quan Chi are becoming a substantial threat. Liu sent Johnny Cage, Kung Lao and Kenshi Takahashi into outworld, breaking the promise made to Queen Sindel, to find Shang Tsung.

After his team returned wit the additions of Baraka, Reptile and Ashrah. Liu Kang sent his closest allies Scorpion, Sub Zero and Smoke to the Ying Fortress to figure out what Shang Tsung was up to

Liu himself made his way to outworld, after meeting with Li Mei the two went through obstacles to get to Queen Sindel, convincing her to aid them. It is here where Liu Kang reveals that he is the creator of the timeline.

Paired with the outworld dynasty and Geras, Liu Kang storms the Ying Fortress to stop the soulnado's where a shocking discovery is made. Shang Tsung is alive, the original Shang Tsung.

When Liu Kang and Shang Tsung fought at the foot of the hourglass, it sent ripples through the timestream, splitting into infinite realities. Now having this knowledge, Liu Kang and Geras returned to the fire temple to restore the time keeping powers of Liu Kang.

With his powers restored, Liu Kang is able to summon Titan Kitana, HIS Kitana. The two finally share a kiss as he is also able to summon Titan Kung Lao and Raiden.

Together, they are able to drive Shang Tsung back from destroying Liu Kang's hourglass and wiping him from history.

Realising he can wait no longer, Liu Kang gathers his army and brings the fight straight to Titan Shang Tsung in his timeline.

After a long and arduous fight atop the Armageddon Pyramid, Liu Kang finally defeats Shang Tsung and wipes him from time along with Quan Chi.

With the timelines saved for now, Liu Kang returns to his role as protector of Earthrealm and Keeper of time, now able to summon Titans or be summoned. Perhaps he can finally be reunited with his Kitana.

Previous timeline story

After his mentor receives visions of a dark future, Raiden begins to alter events in attempt to create a better outline, except things turn out worse. With events such as the death of Kung Lao, the invasion of Earthrealm and the murder of almost all his friends. The desperate Liu Kang turns against Raiden. Realising the death of Raiden is a necessary evil, Liu Kang turns up to end him.

After a long battle, Raiden accidentally electrocutes Liu Kang, "you have doomed us all.." were his last words before Death claimed the Shaolin Monk.

But this was not the end of Liu Kang, his soul claimed by Quan Chi. Revenant Liu Kang terrorised the realms for 25 years, Becoming Emperor of the Netherrealm in that time along with Empress Revenant Kitana

After being approached by Kronika and promised a timeline without Raiden, Liu Kang and his revenant allies join Kronika to restart the timeline

The revenants mainly stayed with Kronika to protect the keep, Revenant Liu Kang also drained the lifeforce of his younger self to bolster his powers.

Revenant Liu Kang left to combat the forces of good on a single boat, taking them all down with ease as he is finally able to exact revenge against Raiden.

As Revenant Liu Kang shakily stands up, he claims to Raiden that this will only end with his death. Raiden instead chooses to save Liu Kang.

Fire God Liu Kang is born, Raiden, Revenant Liu Kang and Young Liu Kang merged into one, controlled by Young Liu Kang he storms the keep. He defeats his former revenant friends and kills Kronika, becoming Keeper of time and free to restart history.

Except he is stopped, by killing Kronika he also destroyed the crown which is quintessential in restarting time. He reluctantly sends Shang Tsung, Nightwolf and Fujin to the past to retrieve it.

Knowing Shang Tsung would attempt to take power, Fire God Liu Kang returns to the past and fights him one last time, wiping him from history and returned to shape his new era.

Current timeline powers

Fire Manipulation

Lightning manipulation (gives this up to young raiden)

Time powers

Shaolin training

Previous timeline powers

Fire manipulation

Shaolin training

Current timeline relationships

Raiden- Student

Kung Lao-Student

Johnny Cage- Student

Kenshi Takahashi- Student

Scorpion- Ally

Sub Zero- Former Ally

Smoke- Ally

Queen Sindel- Ally

The Outworld royal Dunasty- Allies

Geras- Closest friend and protector of his hourglass

Titan Kitana- Lover

Previous timeline relationships

Kitana- Lover

Kung Lao- Closest friend

Raiden-Mentor

Bo'Rai Cho- Teacher

Johnny Cage- Ally

Jax- Ally

Sonya Blade- Ally

Other earthrealm fighters- Allies

Jade- Ally

My rating

Previous timeline Liu Kang- 8/10. While the previous timeline Liu Kang has a very good yet tragic redemption story laid out over 3 games, the wasted potential of the Revenants particularly in MKX drops him points, if Revenant Liu Kang had been written as more of a threat this would be 10/10

Current timeline Liu Kang- 9/10. This new version perfectly encapsulates the Tragedy of Liu Kang, a now almost omnipotent being. Liu is now without his closest friends and allies.forced to watch them live out their lives with no knowledge of his former self. The addition of Geras to his aid allows for Liu to keep a connection to the past, the fact that he can in theory summon his lost love is a nice touch which still builds to tragedy as she is in a separate timeline. Excited to see where they go with this portrayal