8. Secret

"Tao can you come help us with the glasses?!" Charlie yelled from the distance, where Tao was sitting with everyone else.

"Sure!" Tao yelled back, feeling like he had no other choice.

After that intense but quick make-out session, Charlie and Nick just got back to normal chatting and laughing as if everything was normal again, but that doesn't mean they aren't thinking about it. In the present, they started laughing because Charlie said something funny.

"You're cute!" Nick laughed which made Charlie blush. If Nick wants to play a flirt battle he can bet.

"Oh my god shut up! You're literally adorable though!" Charlie said, as they both giggled until they heard someone clear their throat so they turned around and saw Tao standing there. It gave Charlie deja vu from the park.

"Am I- am I interrupting... something?" Tao said awkwardly. Charlie was quick to find an excuse.

"No! We were just... chatting" Charlie said trying not to leave suspicions. It wasn't technically lying, because they were chatting.

"Okay?" Tao said confused. "You- you take those back I'll wait for the rest." Tao offered. Charlie gave a surprised look.

"You sure?" Charlie asked. Tao nodded giving a slight but fake smile.

"Yeah." Tao murmured. Nick thanked the worker and they walk away, but Charlie stopped for a few seconds to turn around and look at Tao. They made eye contact then Charlie turned back around and walked away.

Tao honestly felt like he was just losing Charlie slowly. As soon as Nick and Charlie were seated, Darcy and Tara were smiling like they had something to say.

"We have something to tell you all." Darcy looked at Tara as she nodded approvingly.

"What?" Isaac asked. Tara and Darcy's smiles were about to burst if they didn't say it right away.

"We're together!" Tara said happily. Everyone didn't look surprised, they kind of already guessed it.

"Oh my god that's great!" exclaimed Nick, beaming.

"How come I didn't know this!?" Elle scoffed crossing her arms dramatically. She was the closest to them.

"I'm so happy for y'all!" Charlie cheered as Tara and Darcy looked at each other giggling.

"Maybe this will see if you and Tao will get together!" Darcy hinted. Tara nudged her signaling her to stop talking.

"Was this why y'all brought me here?! Was this just a set up?!" Elle asked frustratedly. Nick scooted closer to Elle.

"I also... have something to say," Nick admitted, which got everyone's attention. Charlie set his hand on top of Nick's encouraging him. "Me and Charlie... we're going out," Nick said nervously.

'Wow. That felt really good to say' Nick thought to himself. Charlie smiled at him so proud of Nick for telling someone for the first time. But also wondered if they still had to keep a secret at school.

"Omg! Charlie I'm so happy for you!" Elle then turned to Nick. " I mean I'm happy for you too but you didn't have to witness Charlie's extreme pining!" Charlie looked shocked.