10. Boyfriend?

Tao and Charlie just stood there facing each other which Isaac thought this was a more private conversation

"Um I just remembered I was going to go to the library so... yeah" Isaac walked off.

"Tao I'm sorry... I swear I was going to tell you-

"It's fine Charlie." Tao said looking down.

"No it's not fine!" Tao slowly looked up. "We've been friends since year seven! You're my best friend in the whole world! You should've been the first person I told!" Tao was surprised at everything Charlie said but he didn't say anything he just hugged him tightly never wanting to let go.

"I just... miss you" Charlie said hugging Tao as he smiled.

"Aw... I miss you too!" Tao replied. They finally pulled away smiling. "How about we have a film night on Saturday? You could... invite Nick."

"Yeah... yeah I'd love that." Charlie smiles.

***

Next Saturday finally came and they were all hanging out with each other: Nick, Charlie, Elle, and Isaac all at Tao's house for a sleepover. They were just all hanging out talking on Tao's carpet, Nick and Charlie against Tao's bed as Nick had his arm around Charlie as their fingers were intertwined and Tao, Isaac and Elle were sitting across from them.

"So... are y'all like... boyfriends or?" Tao brought up. Nick and Charlie both looked down blushing.

"Um w-we haven't made it official yet!" Charlie stutters.

"Are y'all ever gonna make it official?" Tao asked.

"Okay let's just change the subject please!" Charlie blurted out.

"Okay how about we watch a movie or something?" Elle suggested.

"Yeah sure I'll go make the popcorn!" Nick offered standing up.

"I'll come with you"Charlie stood up.

"No making out in my kitchen!" Tao shouted on the way out.

"Oh my god Tao please stop!" Charlie fired back not even looking back at him he just walked out with Nick. When the finally left Tao turned to Elle and Isaac.

"I guess Nick's not so bad..." Tao muttered to them. "I guess I'm just a little worried."

"Why?" Isaac asked.

"What if Nick doesn't even have the guts to stand up for Charlie when he getting picked on?" Tao spoke softly.

"I'm sure he will we just need to trust him for right now." Elle states.

"I'll... get the movie set up." Tao said awkwardly.

***

Nick and Charlie were in the kitchen getting the popcorn ready.

"Sorry about Tao he can be a bit teasing." Charlie told Nick.

"No, it's fine! I'm just glad y'all are friends again." Nick smiled. Charlie saw Nick lick his lips flipping his hair back with his hand. Charlie knows he's about to say something flirty. Nick took Charlie's hands in his own his thumbs caressing the back of his hands leading him pressing him against the counter. Nick pinned one of Charlie's hands beside him still holding the other.