Volume 1 - Part III

Nonetheless, he drew a deep breath to calm his senses, only to find himself unable to bring own nerves under control now that his flesh began quivering every time his blood lust sprang forth beyond own conscious command; a by-product inclination that even Matt do not quite have any awareness of although sentience becoming more acquainted every now and then.

Soon enough, Matt would recognized the familiar sensation creeping under his skin. Hair all over body soaring high in response before the presented ordeal. An unfailing indication he must adapt against any circumstances, or would he? For he don't know if it was a drive nor a fear, or perhaps his body was that tired to his mind for he couldn't somehow move any muscle in some extent. Be that as it may, but the dagger was on sight. Footsteps nearing, and before Matt could crawl on four, another blow from his back was received out of nowhere.

The Striker was instantly on him, so shall the kid plummeted down where he belongs. Thud! The impact made the boy immobilize for a while. Captain Severino then nudges the kid's body by foot in aid along the metal cane he is wielding until Matt has been turned around with his back completely lying against the ground. However still, Severino met the similar expression the boy had casted when they had first spoken. I was expecting more of fear than defiance, he thought to himself; this stubborn kid is really something else.

How long has it been since Bojert gave me the same look. Severino reminisced over his former prodigy who is now his enemy, infamously known for laying waste across half of eastern Vandua up to the very present moment. The territories in north east called him under the notorious name of 'Bojert the Butcher,' for hacking his enemies in half during and after the battle. One of the most appalling war signatures there is among them contending warlords before Bojert ever leaves the battlefields, high and dry, with them decapitated corpses sitting upright impaled on pikes; arms, limbs, heads, and bodies. A truly sadistic matter that remains at large and unaddressed.

Severino figured it would take a long while until the entire eastern Vandua succumbs under his tyranny. Presumably about several more years on grounds of the formidable resistance putting up by their rivaling conquerors, and when that happens, the north shall be the next target upon his bloody campaign for his utter conquest over the lawless region of Vandua. Captain Severino must find his successor before the day he fears came knocking down through his doorsteps, and perhaps he already have found one. However, the boy were yet to learn whats it's like to be a true warrior out there. He still lacks the cold heart needed considering everything that has happened to him; whereas unlike how Bojert quickly adapted before the unforgiving realm when he was the same age - like an open book to be written.

Bojert is an exceptional talent. He understood how things work out in this so-called life despite his young age back then even if it meant abandoning own humanity. Severino does remember the day he put the young Bojert under his wicked sport, where he accomplished the task by using his comrade as a bait, thus, yielding a window of opportunity in slaying down the ravenous runner. He might had lost his beloveds that very day but had gained something much greater in return, a significant sacrifice which had turned him into the great warlord he is now - with his versatile quality, raging spirit, and inhuman heart whom puts up to nothing more than his thirst for glory.

However, this kid defy all odds. He even managed to snatched a dagger from one of his men without their knowledge. The one had just killed himself before all things unfolds to this moment. One of a kind without a doubt. But it was not supposed to turned out this way, for one were meant to die in order for another to live. By using the sword beneath the wagon where the other kid was held down.

Captain Severino leaned down to get a closer look over the feisty soul, fearless and daring. Shortly after he would crouched just beside the kid, dropped his metal cane and sound his mind out; ' - you think you're a hero, huh? no you're not and you will never be.' He subsequently grabbed the kid's hair and have yet again hoisted him up from his quick rest as he gave another intense glare to Matt. Severino surely knows how to play with his victims,