Chapter Three

Stepping into the bathroom and switching on the shower, Miyeol tried very hard to ignore the mewls of Hopi, who wanted to go into the kitchen once again

Stepping into the bathroom and switching on the shower, Miyeol tried very hard to ignore the mewls of Hopi, who wanted to go into the kitchen once again. Starting to brush her teeth slowly, she eventually abandoned her toothbrush when she heard a crashing sound.

Running outside with the foam still in her mouth, she found her cat staring at her innocently, with his food bowl turned upside down.

"Hopi why?!" Miyeol said through the foam as she picked up his metal plate and set it back. She gestured to the food on the ground. "Come on. Eat it."

He stared back, his round green eyes pretending as if they had never done anything wrong. Hopi pawed the food before walking away.

Literally.

Miyeol scoffed, going to the bathroom to spit out the toothpaste. After washing her face and finding a few tissues, she started to pick up all the cat food Hopi had dropped and tried to salvage some to put back into the bowl.

While she was bending down, her headache which had slightly reduced after brushing her teeth, suddenly turned up to full blast, making her drop the tissue and clutch her head, not caring whether her hand was dirty or not.

Ow, that hurts. Really bad.

She looked through the drawers, finding some sort of cold ointment for her head. Somehow, all of them seemed to disappear. In the end, she had to resort to the floor, which was the coolest thing in this summer heat. Kneeling to place her forehead on the cool tiles, she got no relief. Just as she started to feel sorry for herself, her thoughts were once again disturbed by Hopi and his antics.

My head hurts like hell, HOPI NO-

Hopi was standing on top of her cupboard where the suitcases were kept. He had somehow managed to drive the largest one right to the edge, teetering. Miyeol made it just in time to catch the heavy suitcase in her arms with an "oof".

Plopping on the floor and almost breaking her legs, the suitcase took Miyeol down with it. Opening up mid-fall, the inner compartments fell on her knees instead of the outer shell, saving her a visit to the doctor.

"Hopi what is WRONG WITH YOU?" She shouted at the cat who daintily hopped off the cupboard and started to run outside, escaping from punishment. She let out a grunt as she sat up under the luggage which had flown out when the suitcase had opened up.

Practically digging her way out, Miyeol started to pack everything back into the suitcase. Her hand brushed against a box, and she picked it up reading the label.

"OINTMENT!" She said, ripping up the packaging to reveal a large tube with a clear gel inside it. Taking a little on her finger and spreading it on her forehead, she felt no "Instant relief" as the title said, but it was cold enough to keep her happy.

Continuing to pack up the suitcase, and then struggling to put it back up on the cupboard, she placed the ointment tube on the dumbwaiter next to the kitchen door, so she would remember where she kept it.

As Miyeol walked outside, she was met with the surprising gaze of Hopi sleeping on the bed instead of tearing it apart; a thing she had only seen two times before. Once when he had gotten anesthesia from the doctor, and once when he was so sick that he had vomited three times in one hour.

She stroked his head as she scanned the room, her eyes passing over the window. The streets seemed very busy for a weekend. In fact- was that Nako's car?

Leaving Hopi's side, Miyeol's sharp eyes caught a flashy pink car on the road, which could only belong to her neighbor and friend who went to the same job as her and NEVER left her house otherwise, Yabuki Nako.

Seeing more cars than on an average Saturday caused her to fumble for her phone, which was all the way back on her bedroom. Unplugging it from her charger, she checked the time.

Sunday.
I have work on Sunday.
Shit.

• • •

Author's note:

Chapter three was kind of rushed, I wrote it in fifteen minutes because ideas were pouring out and I didn't want to go through writer's block again, sorry if the plot went too fast!! Was this chapter OK? Were there any typos? Did you find anything I could improve? IT'S NOT EVEN 1000 WORDS THIS TIME.

Interactive question-
have you realized the names which are bold in the beginning of each chapter are which character's point of view we'll be speaking from yet?

A-V-A

• • •

Next up-

What the fuck is that brown soft baby tiger?

• • •