Chapter Seven

Felix had never been allowed to come along with the hunters on their expeditions

Felix had never been allowed to come along with the hunters on their expeditions. The leader would always shake her head and say that he was too young. Then it moved onto the fact that he was training, and when they had no excuses left, they just bluntly told him he was no good at being secretive, and he was no good at observing his surroundings. He didn't agree then, but he could see where they were coming from now.

He had heard a click somewhere in the house, and if he had found it himself to care, maybe he could have hidden somewhere. Now, however, he was being ambushed by a maniacal human waving small metal keys attached to a sort of square-like item. It looked like a girl to him, but based on recent experiences, he didn't trust himself to judge. 

He let out a screech, almost the same pitch as hers. She held the keys in front of her as if they would protect her if he tried to harm her.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?" She screamed directly at his face, causing him to flinch. He screamed back. "IM-" but he paused.

Who am I?

He furrowed his eyebrows before replying, "WHO ARE YOU?"

"I ASKED FIRST!" She screamed but noticed his pointy ears all too soon, judging from her horrified expression. If they had been smaller, or if his face wasn't so different from his elfish features, then maybe she wouldn't have seen them. Felix grimaced at her next scream, louder than before.

"PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE NOT SOME WEIRD CLOWN GUY," she shouted, causing Felix to confusedly shout back, "WHATS A CLOWN?"

"WHAT KIND OF PSYCHO ARE YOU?"

"I DIDN'T BARGE INTO THIS HOUSE AND START SCREAMING!"

"THIS IS MY HOUSE, CLOWN!"

"I'm NOT A CLOWN, whatever that is," Felix muttered the last part, her frightened expression when he admitted he didn't know what a clown was had made him rethink his life choices.

The girl promptly stopped screaming after looking at his ears once again. Felix gulped nervously as she pulled out some sort of grey box from her pocket. It seemed thin, but it also had glass on the inside, peeking from the side he saw- oh my, were there things inside the glass? why did they move when she touched it? WHY ARE THERE LETTERS APPEARING ON THE GLASS?

She had stopped touching the box and had held it up, like comparing it to his face. He frowned, wondering how his complexion resembled anything, especially like a box. Nymphs were supposed to be individually unique.

I'm not one anymore though, am I?

A few seconds later she let out a scream again. God, didn't her voicebox ever get tired?

"What kind of cat are you?" she asked and he choked on his saliva. "CAT?" he said in disgust. "I can confirm no honorable nymph or elf would ever relate to a feline creatu-"

"OH MY FUCKING- WHY THE FUCK- WHAT THE- IT'S AN- AN ELF?!" She exclaimed in shock as if her childhood fantasy had just come true, yet she was too scared to react with a smile.

"NYMPH." Felix grimaced at the name of the elves. He might not technically be a nymph anymore, but he still hated their kind as much as they his. And what was the point of denying anyway? He wasn't able to remember anything valuable about his hometown.

"WHY IS THERE A FUCKING ELF-"

"NYMPH, GODDAMN IT."

• • •

Guys guess who is not DEAD AY

I'm so so sorry I haven't updated in so long- I've had writer's block and none of my stories got updated. I can confirm I've valiantly lost my New Year resolution of writing every day in my trusty notebook.

Interactive question-

Did you actually wait this entire time for an update, or did you just get a notification and remember about this book? Be honest.

• • •

"Welcome my brother."

"You have a brother?"

• • •