Chapter Four

Faster than running away from her problems, Miyeol ran into her bedroom and threw off her nighty, wearing the closest t-shirt and some jeans, flinging on a jacket

Faster than running away from her problems, Miyeol ran into her bedroom and threw off her nighty, wearing the closest t-shirt and some jeans, flinging on a jacket. She raced to the front door, her phone still in her hands. Hopi stared at her, his eyes unusually sleepy.

"Sorry, love you, got to go!" She called out to her cat as if he was a human. Well, he really was all that kept her company. She did a double-check on the house to make sure that there wasn't anything Hopi could scratch and then locked the door. The backs of her shoes were pressed down as she ran to the lift. I'll put them on later.

As she stepped out and into the elevator, her headache started to slowly, magically fade. "Huh," she muttered to herself, bending down and using her index fingers to straighten out the collar padding. But she had no time to worry about whether the ointment really did provide instant relief because she was busy juggling with her keys and racing to the car.

• • •

Pounding. Pounding. Pounding. It hurts.

Where am I?

Felix snapped his eyes open.

Why am I here? the question darted through his mind as he searched for the answer. He looked down and saw he was lying on the bark of a tree...except it was smoother. His hand brushed against his forehead, finding a deep gash from where his head had hit the wound.

Why isn't it healing?

Closing his eyes, he tried to use his healing on the scrape, but it failed to repair the wound. Instead, all he received was a mild migraine from focusing too hard.

Observe surroundings.

Search for threats.

Neutralize.

Felix's survival instincts kicked in after he felt the blood trickle down to his temple. He took a whole circle of the place he was in it seemed a bit like a sleeping cloud. There was more bark with a sort of flat white cloud on top of it. It didn't seem very comfy to Felix, but he didn't expect much from humans. It was nothing like the forest.

The forest. Why am I not in the forest?
Humans. This reeks of humans. It's sickening.
This is what they call a house. This is a bed.
Why am I here?

That was weird. I can't remember...

Felix struggled to remember why he wasn't with his mother. The blood had reached his chin now, and he wiped it off before it could touch his pristine robe. He tried to find a way to recollect why he wasn't with the other mages.

Come on... you're not that dumb Felix.

He tried to remember how to go back to the forest. He tried to remember the other nymphs. He tried to remember what he was doing here in the first place, but nothing came to his mind. All he could see was his mother and the forest, and... What was missing? Why can't I think of anything else?

He stumbled as he heard the sound of a waterfall coming from a place not far from where he was standing. Felix rushed to the place of the sound, where he was met with more smooth surfaces and-

IS THAT A WATERFALL COMING FROM- WHAT IS THAT?

He gasped as he looked at the shiny spoon-shaped item connected to the wall, with a waterfall spilling out of it. The air around it had fog, and it made Felix release a few coughs. True, the humans were dumb, but on a few occasions they could be pretty smart: a waterfall falling from a spoon. Huh.

He touched the water with his finger, retracting it when he felt the burning sensation. "Geez, do they take baths with hot springs?" he grumbled looking around at the fogged-up area. Since he couldn't see so well, he tried to clear it up by using vaporize, but that didn't work either.

Why is my healing not working?

This wound hurts. It's getting annoying.

Rubbing his hands on the smooth walls, (How do they do that? Rytermin isn't smooth) he flinched when his hands touched something cold.

A mirror.

He started to rub his hand rapidly to reveal his reflection and let out a very audible gasp. Instead of his long blonde hair which used to reach up to his feet, he now had boring black hair which barely even reached his shoulders. And his green eyes. Where were his green eyes? All that stared back at him were the most common brown ones that you could find everywhere.

At least his lashes were still there. But now with the more human-like features, his eyes and ears (which thankfully, had stayed pointy) no longer matched in and looked natural with his face. They looked odd as if they were drawn on.

"Why is this happening to me?" he wailed out loud, rubbing a hand over the side of his face which didn't have blood.

And where was his robe? All he saw was a white sweater. And instead of the clear white skin, a tanned coral color was clear in his reflection, which had started fogging up.

He rushed outside to find another looking glass, to make sure he wasn't staring at an illusion. Bumping into every bark-made thing there, Felix finally found a small reflection of his in a bent glass pot holding flowers: and it was the same thing.

About to let out another wail, he flinched when a movement caught his eye, turning instantly, he found himself freezing up at the sight.

What the fuck is that brown baby tiger?

• • •

Author's note:

I am so so sorry- this chapter, you have to agree, was not written as well as I wanted it to be in my head. I would prefer if I described the scene more for you, but I'm afraid procrastination will take me away and I won't even be able to post this much, so here we are.

If Felix's behavior gets bratty, THATS HIS PERSONALITY. He's a nymph! He's not supposed to respect humans. 

Interactive question-
Considering Felix's behavior in play, who do you think will fall first- Miyeol or Felix? OR WILL THERE BE HEARTBREAK, OR A LOVE TRIANGLE?  just your opinion, it might matter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A-V-A

• • •

Next up-

It would be kind of cute if it wasn't a potential threat

• • •