Chapter Six

Felix gritted his teeth, trying not to react to the pain in his leg

Felix gritted his teeth, trying not to react to the pain in his leg. It wasn't every day you got scratched by a cat- and it was certainly the first time for him.

The scratch marks were swelling, and they seemed oddly disturbing as if someone had inserted elastic bands under his skin and they were bulging. He needed to scratch it- but being a basic healer he knew that it would only make it worse.

The innocent brown fur ball stared back at him, and it seemed as if he had done nothing at all. An average person would have blamed Felix for scratching himself.

But that was not important. What was important was that he couldn't use a healing spell. The pot could have fallen on its own by accident- or not, but he would get to that later. But the fact that he had the familiar feeling in his mind, and nothing had worked was all too strange.

What feeling?

Felix blinked. 

What was I just thinking about? 
A feeling?

He tilted his head. It was almost like the memory had just gone "whoosh" out of his brain, and he stared aimlessly, slightly frowning.

Felix, what the fuck?

He heard a clicking sound, yet nothing connected in his head as he stood there, struggling to recollect what he had just thought of five seconds ago.

About to forget about the moment, he almost jumped out of his skin (which he would have appreciated because his elfish features looked very disproportionate to his human-like features) when someone screamed and pushed open the block of wood covering the entryway.

• • •

I SWEAR THAT WAS NAKO'S CAR, I'M NOT THAT STUPID-

The same thought was racing through Miyeol's head as she parked her car back, the second wave of sleepiness hitting her as she yawned. If only she hadn't been so forgetful, she could be bundled up under her blankets.

Oh well, Hopi would've woken her up anyway.

Trying to be optimistic, she turned the keys in her car, stepped out, and locked the doors, making sure it was safely parked from the front before stepping out, humming.

"Wherever you are, I know you'll always stay," murmuring lyrics, she walked into the elevator, observing her frazzled state in the lift mirror. Wow, was she about to go to work like this? She would've gotten fired anyway.

The memory of the pink car in front of her flashed in her brain again. She could have sworn on all the home-baked cookies stashed in her cupboard given to her by Nako that it was her friend's car, yet it seemed as if she was fast asleep at home, like how Miyeol should have been.

Smoothing down her hair, Miyeol walked out of the elevator, rattling her house keys, about to open the door when she heard a crash of some item inside. She froze in her tracks. It could be Hopi, but he was almost fast asleep when she left, which was ten minutes ago. 

Is there a robber in your house? Seriously? At like, what, 8 in the morning?

She waited for a bit outside, waiting for some indication that there was an actual robber in there and she was not imagining things. A loud evil laugh would have been really helpful, but then again, the world was against her.

Miyeol carefully took out her shoes and placed them to the side. Listen, no matter how worried she was, she was never going to wear shoes inside her house.

Putting her keys in the lock, she lightly turned it, causing a clicking noise. Grimacing, she held the door handle before taking a deep breath, turning and pushing, screaming as loud as she could to startle whatever had decided to break some probably expensive glass item in her house (the only items given to her were from her mother, and her mother had decided that expensive glass objects are the best glass objects, while Miyeol objected that no glass objects were good glass objects when you had a cat, but that's another story.)

• • •

Sorry for the short chapter ^^' BUT HEY, UPDATE!!

I was mainly motivated because Chosuah said they would get lactose intolerance on the moon because they were so content-deprived (please don't ask) but I decided to speed things up a little! It seemed a little boring to me, was it boring to you guys? <3

ALSO- should I be happy I'm not last or should I be unhappy I'm almost last? :sob:

Interactive Question-

Your choice matters this time! Tell me what I should reveal next chapter-

1. A little bit of Miyeol's backstory.
2. A little bit of Felix's backstory.
3. A little bit about Nako. (SHE COULD BE IMPORTANT-)
4. A little bit about that mysterious ass pink car iykwim.
5.OR A little bit about wtf happens next.

• • •

Next up-

Your choice ;D

• • •